Double up wake backflips...

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
Today at the LKN event they did the sickest trick contest with the double up boat wakes..I had in my head the whole weekend that i was gonna go out a huck a backflip off the double up. There were 5 freestyle guys + stoyer out there hitting the wake. I think i was the only on to try a BF.
Few things i found out trying that..

-You need 2 people that can actually drive boats:banghead:

-A good doubles up will LAUNCH you. :bigeyes:

-Throwing your head back and pulling the bars gets you upside down..What completes the rotation?

-Bars to the nuts suck..

-Backflips are not as easy as they look..

-Having your steering binding up while do the double ups suck..Good thing you dont have to turn to do a backy..

-Getting upside down is an awesome feeling..
I will land one before the end of the year..:Banane01:

O, and on an unrelated note incase anybody was wandering, those enclosures on stoyers footholds are just turf that is like doubled up. They work really good too.

Last edited:
1. Congrats.

-Throwing your head back and pulling the bars gets you upside down..What completes the rotation?

Good question. I can get my ski upside down and land on my back/butt but I have no idea how to complete the rotation. My hope is that I am just not getting enough air, and that if I got more altitude the rotation could just continue.

Aaron

jeepmark4x4

Backflip, weeee
Good to hear corey, takes balls just to attempt them!:cheer:

yeah, it just depends on your boat setup too!

There are a few ways to do backflips in my opinion, there is not one form to follow.

1)sit down pull back and kick out with legs and back straight
2)sit down pull back kick out but stay closer to the hood during rotation

I can tell you right now before I even leave the wake Im past verticle which really helps with that last 25% of momentum during the rotation

Im sure there are more but these are the few I have tried

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
moon- I will definitely be there!

IMG_2572.jpg

This is a pic of one of the better attempts but is taken a little early. One thing i noticed is that i launched out more than up like i should of. I'll post the vid when i get it. I wanna know where im going wrong.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
SQUAT! You're fully extended and the bars aren't in your gut, so you're going to rotate slower than you could.

^^^^This coming from the Cherry Buster chin/lip buster dude.

This is a pic of one of the better attempts but is taken a little early. One thing i noticed is that i launched out more than up like i should of. I'll post the vid when i get it. I wanna know where im going wrong.

parrdaddy

No he will not!
I'm thinking that if Jason didn't try any, the wave probably was not good for back flips. I think the wave is more important than your form on V wakes, it will make or break your flips :biggthumpup: In your pic above, you are already too far past the wave for a backy.....which makes me think these waves were kinda flat on top??? You really need to go almost straight up from the wave.

Just my opinion, I have been wrong before.....once :haha:

Corey, Let me congrats on the attempts. I was there and the guy in the Orange boat had NO CLUE how to build a wave. I watched the whole thing and about half way thru, stoyer asked if anyone could drive a boat. I thought about volenteering because i use to do it in ohio with my boat (not a wake boat) but I didnt know whos boat it was. Sorry about the wave but everyone was right, you were standing up early. but you will get it in time. Keep it up, Cheers to the Water.
~Jamie Marsh

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Corey, Let me congrats on the attempts. I was there and the guy in the Orange boat had NO CLUE how to build a wave. I watched the whole thing and about half way thru, stoyer asked if anyone could drive a boat. I thought about volenteering because i use to do it in ohio with my boat (not a wake boat) but I didnt know whos boat it was. Sorry about the wave but everyone was right, you were standing up early. but you will get it in time. Keep it up, Cheers to the Water.
~Jamie Marsh

yeah, everyone that was their could tell how washed out the lip was. they should have got a different boat driver for sure, or even another boat.

True story, when jason was teaching them how to build the wake up the 1st thing he said was "we wont to have the bigest wake possable" after about 4 failed runs, jason whet back and was trying teach them to sync up to get the wake bigger, at this point the orange boat driver said "Do you wont me to fill the ballest *sp tank up?,, i only put water in it when i wont to get a big wake" :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hopefully we can round up some more boats for a dubble. i friends with the owner of dominant board sports in cornelius, and he has a wakeboard clinic on LKN and ML. i'm sure if we go to where hes at he'd be happy to set upa few passes.

Top Bottom