Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Function>fashion
But seriously you'll be fine with a wetsuit in your Temps

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mike b

Michael "Mayhem" Bevacqua aka MikeyChan
Yeah I think a long wetsuit will be fine. that with some socks and maybe gloves and even my bitch self should be fine in our weather

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Agreed. Im a pansy below 50. You have all ridden with me. I ride a lot and if im not comfortable im out. I change skis, parts, motors, and clothing every two years so that im not dealing with headaches and lost time.

Fyi the socks u have listed are for dry suits with boots. Not wet socks. I use wet suit socks

mike b

Agreed. Im a pansy below 50. You have all ridden with me. I ride a lot and if im not comfortable im out. I change skis, parts, motors, and clothing every two years so that im not dealing with headaches and lost time.

Fyi the socks u have listed are for dry suits with boots. Not wet socks. I use wet suit socks

Yes I figured dry will be better. My shoes will still be wet and able to kick in but leaving my feet warm

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
Been running my oneil boost for two years. Its awesome. Just about to order another and put this one up for sale.

That's good to hear. I was just looking at those on Amazon.

Those of you who do have dry suits, anything you would do different if you could buy the suit again? I'm in NC so it's not crazy cold here, usually the coldest I'll ride is water in the 55-60 degree temp and air in the 50-55 degree temp range. I have a 3/2 suit and it's ok but a little chilly. I saw a couple of guys at our local meet running dry suits yesterday and now I think I really want one (my wallet doesn't). It would be pretty baller to step out of the suit and be dry already. Would be totally awesome for somewhere like Daytona too so you could just change on the beach without having to freeze all the way back up to your hotel room and shower to warm up before going back on the beach to hang.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Selling mine so make an offer. If it more than two years old, you know me, its time to upgrade before as issue :) I normally wear this below 55 deg water or below 50 deg air if the water isnt warm. Our old rule was 100 combined for riding. This extends it for me. I rode in 45 deg air and 53 deg water for 3 hrs two weeks ago without taking it off, only refueling, never stepped out of the water for more than grabbing a stand and gas.

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Picked up my slippery subzero for $100 shipped on ebay and it included new foot and wrist seals just had to install them which is super easy. That was my second time wareing the suit and I'll never go back to a wetsuit. It's just so comphy.

mightymighty2stroke

I'd rather be on the lake
Picked up my slippery subzero for $100 shipped on ebay and it included new foot and wrist seals just had to install them which is super easy. That was my second time wareing the suit and I'll never go back to a wetsuit. It's just so comphy.

Dude you got a STEAL on that thing. @Proformance1 unless it's a women's size small it's prob not going to work lol.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Drysuits are awesome. I was warm riding for 2 hours today, and it was 25 degrees out..

mike b

I floated in the pool yesterday (as i don't have a running ski yet) and was wearing what i would to the lake. I said I was a bitch, I was chilly lol. I can see I will want some socks and gloves to ride in. Maybe Ill fill up my wetsuit with warm water from the pisser (off the ski, wasn't a nickname or anything lol)

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
how are you getting the neck to seal, maybe I need a bigger neck lol
Mine would eventually soak me from my chest up but I was still warm. I was pissed but did some research and lots of drysuits use neoprene with great success, but it's harder to get a good seal especially with the force of the water from skis.
So, instead of folding down the neck seal over the outside of the suit, I tucked it inside to make it tighter. It didn't leak!!

mike b

Does anybody wear those hood/face guard things. Like what scuba divers wear. I saw some and thought that would be good. Helmet will be warn most of the time but just to help fight the breeze and for those times without a helmet.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Does anybody wear those hood/face guard things. Like what scuba divers wear. I saw some and thought that would be good. Helmet will be warn most of the time but just to help fight the breeze and for those times without a helmet.
Yea. I wear one.

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
@mike b. With a drysuit, you will for sure be warm . It's cool being dry when you're done riding. The seals sometimes don't seal perfect and you'll have a little moisture right by the wrist and ankle seals, but nothing that you'd notice.
Also, I decided to get some 5mm neoprene socks for wearing under my wrestling shoes.. And my feet are warm in 45 degree water so far. That being said, a 5/4 wetsuit would possibly be fine for you.

I will say, the windproofing of a drysuit is nice. I'm pretty sure I woulda been pretty chilly with a wetsuit in 25 degree air Temps, even though the water wasn't too cold.

mike b

I had thought about the socks but wasn't sure if that would make my feet too uncomfortable. I'd love to get a drysuit and would prefer it but looks like they are all 500 bucks or more. Wetsuit is 150/200 whatever it was. I think for my first year I will go this route. I should be able to adjust to it all and anything needing change will be good plan for next year

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
I wear socks 2 or 5 depending ever time i wear a dry suit. over the cuff. Hoods under my helmet when temps are below 45, cuff over suit

Top Bottom