dual 38 manifold crossover filled outcome

aqua

the taco
leaner....was running 135 highs and now i am at 132.5 highs.....was running 72.5 lows and now i am at 70.........was running 7/8 turn out on low speed and now i am running barely over half. still not tuned completely in but getting closer......i think i am still a little rich. so filling in the crossover does indeed increase signal which allow smaller jet sizes. this is all on a motor that has ported cases, ported cyl, and b mod pipe. and before when i was running 72.5's and 135's my cases were not ported which now they are.

aqua

the taco
i switched my 95 gr springs out and installed my 115gr springs back in and now it runs pretty clean. it is running cleaner that last year for sure....purrs like a kitten....almost like a 4 stroke....not much sputtering. i think i have it pretty close to being tuned now. it is hard to tell if there was a performance difference because i ported my cases and had my nozzle bore at the same time. seems like the power band comes on more like a switch than it use to....could be the case porting though. so i am at 70L 132.5 H 115gr springs right now. almost stock jetting with the exception of the highs.

Good info :biggthumpup:

However, if you leaned both jets *and* leaned screws *and* raised pop-off this makes me think you were running rich to begin with cuz its hard to believe that filling the cross-over requires all the above to be leaned.

almost like a 4 stroke.
That sucks. You lost all your bottom end and now sounds like a coffee canned Honda Accord huhhh... :pokey:

aqua

the taco
Good info :biggthumpup:

However, if you leaned both jets *and* leaned screws *and* raised pop-off this makes me think you were running rich to begin with cuz its hard to believe that filling the cross-over requires all the above to be leaned.

That sucks. You lost all your bottom end and now sounds like a coffee canned Honda Accord huhhh... :pokey:

last year i did have some tuning issues that i was having problems getting rid of....i wasnt running too rich as when i went any leaner it started to hesitate before acclerating. it really is amazing at how much leaner i had to go on my jetting when i filled the crossover. ofcourse if you look at the crossover on the 38 manifold it is atleast twice as big as the one on the oem 44 manifold so i guess alot of the signal was actually pulling from the opposite carb. when i said 4 stroke i didnt mean that it was 4 stroking.....i was just trying to say that it was running real clean. yes it sounds like a buzz piped accord.....i am hoping to add some stickers this year to increase my hp and bling factor. :biggthumpup:

Top Bottom