Custom/Hybrid dual 44s flood after shutting off motor?

hey, have 771 with dual aftermarket sbn 44s it runs good while riding/running but everytime i ride for a bit or just run it on the trailer in the water when i go to start it back up i have to hold it wide open to unflood it and get it running. i can also see fuel puddle up a bit inside carbs after i shut it off. anyone know possible causes for this?

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
I just had this happen the other day on carbs with only a few tanks of gas through them. The rubber on the brand new needles is so fresh that they will stick sometimes.

Pull them apart, lube with wd-40 or something and re-install.

so i took them apart and checked the needle and seat it was an old needle and seat so i bought 2 brand new ones and put those in and the exact same problem continues?? i thought if i let them wear in a bit it would finally stop but no. anyone have any other thoughts on what it might be? its driving me crazy

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
do you have a pop off gauge or tester? you can have new ones still that are not seating, or the same. Also the arm for the needle can be bent making it easier for the needle to open. I have had this happen before, pop off is so low that the tank pressure will keep them open to flood the motor

Top Bottom