Super Jet Dual bilge question

I'm in the process of adding a second bilge but I noticed this whiteImageUploadedByTapatalk1335749946.587406.jpg square box on the other side of the shaft with a hose running through it right in the way of where i want to install it. Can this be relocated? If so where and how? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335749894.207763.jpg

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
thats your stock bilge. Leave it where it is. It is a foolproof system that operates off of a venturi. As long as water is processing through the pump, it will suck water out of the bilge of the ski.

Sospikey

Trying to get upside down
Zip-tie your second bilge (if needed) to the steering cable on the right side of the bilge. Works great, been running it like that for years. I think there are pics in my build thread, see link in my sig.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Zip-tie your second bilge (if needed) to the steering cable on the right side of the bilge. Works great, been running it like that for years. I think there are pics in my build thread, see link in my sig.
Lol we do that when the mounted one takes a dump at the beach....yea it works.

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
Blowsion makes a bracket that you can attach dual pumps to and it has a spot to relocate the stock siphon bilge pickup just forward of the two pumps. It's pretty slick but at $58 plus shipping, it's an expensive option.

http://www.blowsion.com/products/552-bilge-pump-mount-dual.aspx

Putting a pump up in front of the motor has been covered quite a few times over the years. The general consensus is that standups ride around nose high more often than not and so all water is gathered at the bulkhead. It makes more sense to have them both where the water is and not where it might be some of the time.

Blowsion makes a bracket that you can attach dual pumps to and it has a spot to relocate the stock siphon bilge pickup just forward of the two pumps. It's pretty slick but at $58 plus shipping, it's an expensive option.

http://www.blowsion.com/products/552-bilge-pump-mount-dual.aspx

Putting a pump up in front of the motor has been covered quite a few times over the years. The general consensus is that standups ride around nose high more often than not and so all water is gathered at the bulkhead. It makes more sense to have them both where the water is and not where it might be some of the time.
Yeah that is a nice piece but the price doesnt attract me. I'll just glue it down and move the stock siphon. Thanks!

I'm in the middle of this project myself. I debated back & forth a few times whether to epoxy the pumps or use the Blowsion bracket. Ended up buying the bracket...mainly because this is my first SJ build & didn't want to screw up the placement & give myself a clearance issue later in the assembly. Other than the cost, the other negative on using the bracket is the pumps sit about 3/8" above the hull liner instead of flush, so they won't keep the ski as dry. I removed the scupper on mine because I'm using that thru-hull for my dual cooling. I know some people don't like doing that because they feel better having a mechanical backup that won't fail like an electric part. My simple fix for that concern was to wire each pump on a separate fuse. The way I look at it is, even if one pump fails, a single 500gph on a 3/4" hose is still gonna dump a lot more water than the stock scupper on a little 3/8" hose.

Here's how mine looks so far...obviously the wiring isn't done & haven't yet installed the pissers & hoses.

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 121
I'm in the middle of this project myself. I debated back & forth a few times whether to epoxy the pumps or use the Blowsion bracket. Ended up buying the bracket...mainly because this is my first SJ build & didn't want to screw up the placement & give myself a clearance issue later in the assembly. Other than the cost, the other negative on using the bracket is the pumps sit about 3/8" above the hull liner instead of flush, so they won't keep the ski as dry. I removed the scupper on mine because I'm using that thru-hull for my dual cooling. I know some people don't like doing that because they feel better having a mechanical backup that won't fail like an electric part. My simple fix for that concern was to wire each pump on a separate fuse. The way I look at it is, even if one pump fails, a single 500gph on a 3/4" hose is still gonna dump a lot more water than the stock scupper on a little 3/8" hose.

Here's how mine looks so far...obviously the wiring isn't done & haven't yet installed the pissers & hoses.
Looks perfect! Thats what I want. Can you explain the fuse situation? My single rule is just wired to the battery and to the bilge handle pole switch. Thanks!

OCD Solutions

I hated having 2 sets of wires on my batteries so I designed a harness that installs into the stock electrical box. Besides cleaning up the engine bay, it also moves the main connections inside the box and out of the reach of salt and corrosion. Fitted with watertight connectors, it's plug and play so you shouldn't have to mess with your bilge for many years to come.

I offer them in several different configurations.
$45 for a single bilge, $55 for duals, you supply the pump and switch of your choice or I can supply them too.

I hated having 2 sets of wires on my batteries so I designed a harness that installs into the stock electrical box. Besides cleaning up the engine bay, it also moves the main connections inside the box and out of the reach of salt and corrosion. Fitted with watertight connectors, it's plug and play so you shouldn't have to mess with your bilge for many years to come.

I offer them in several different configurations.
$45 for a single bilge, $55 for duals, you supply the pump and switch of your choice or I can supply them too.

I have the 2 bilges so do I just send you my ebox? Do i still have control of the bilge with my switch or are they immediately on when the ski is running ?

OCD Solutions

You can send it in or install it yourself. It still operates from the switch.

We have discussed several different ideas on making the pumps come on in auto but every concept is flawed in some way and ends up with the pumps off when you need them the most.

x2 OCD on both my skis, i run with a switch but i'm pretty sure he has kits to go either way. remove the heat sensor, (a must anyway if going to ofter market head) kit wires in to where heat sensor was, clean and effective.

Looks perfect! Thats what I want. Can you explain the fuse situation? My single rule is just wired to the battery and to the bilge handle pole switch. Thanks!
I'm putting a fuse on each brown wire from the pumps, then splicing them to a single wire that will run forward to connect to the switch wire. The black wires will be spliced to a single wire that will ground to the bolt hole for the coupler cover. The splices will be soldered instead of using connectors, then covered with liquid wlectrical tape & finished with heat shink tubing. Should be pretty bulletproof that way. I had thought about using weatherpack connectors to connect each pump individually so one pump could quickly be swapped out without pulling out the all the wiring, but I decided against it because it just adds more stuff that could fail.

I'm gonna try & finish it up tonight & tomorrow. I'll snap a couple pics of it once finished.

Top Bottom