Other East coasters

djraider700

lol wut?
The current course projection of the storm puts it directly over Jersey. Just got in from a day of riding and you can definitely tell something is coming. Big, messy surf and decent wind gusts. You could find a clean spot here and there but it was sketchy most of the time.

MattyBoom

Amsoil Rep/Machine Shop
I live on long island, gusts are pretty reasonable right now, its a good thing most of the leaves are off the trees. My beach house is already starting to feel the efects, my father is out there taking care of the boat and the house right now, said that the water is just about under the house and across the street, and the storm is not even here.

Pics for ref....

38650_589606012879_770039_n.jpg

30130_580938372899_280650_n.jpg

27980_581166690349_5908835_n-1.jpg

The house has water on both sides, so the road gets completely covered during a good storm, right now the dock is under water and the street is just about covered

Hopefully we wont get anything in the house

I was on LBI, NJ yesterday. Left about 11 am and the water was already backing up through the storm drains and flooding the main streets. Driving through salt water can't be good for my truck. It is supposed to be much worse today when the storm actually gets here. This is starting to feel like it might not all be hype, but who knows.

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
I was on LBI, NJ yesterday. Left about 11 am and the water was already backing up through the storm drains and flooding the main streets. Driving through salt water can't be good for my truck. It is supposed to be much worse today when the storm actually gets here. This is starting to feel like it might not all be hype, but who knows.

Get to a car wash and wash the underside and everything else you can

Brian

wsuwrhr

Purveyor of the Biggest Brapp
I live on long island, gusts are pretty reasonable right now, its a good thing most of the leaves are off the trees. My beach house is already starting to feel the efects, my father is out there taking care of the boat and the house right now, said that the water is just about under the house and across the street, and the storm is not even here.

Pics for ref....

The house has water on both sides, so the road gets completely covered during a good storm, right now the dock is under water and the street is just about covered

Hopefully we wont get anything in the house

Nice place.

Hopefully nothing gets damaged.

Brian

Heres some pics from my front yard that is usually not underwater taken at 9:30am today, right after high tide. Winds are pretty strong. Im watching the neighbors skis bob around in his front yard, Couldnt get pics cause my Iphone is getting soaked everytime I try. Forked River, NJ
IMG_0157.jpgIMG_0158.jpgIMG_0159.jpgIMG_0160.jpgIMG_0161.jpg
I have no idea why the pics are positioned like that sorry.

I heard LBI had some looting going on after everyone left and the bridge was closed, I heard that last night on a scanner.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
It's coming up for sure. My parents had 4 feet of water in their house last year with IRENE. They raised the house, but it's looking like they might get hit again. 10 minutes will be high tide and there is water in the garage and in the crawlspace underneath the house. Man am I happy I moved away from a waterfront property. Too much work over there lately. At least 7 homes are still under construction from last years storm.

Now there are some slight winds, maybe 30mph. Once the storm gets here and starts to push some water from the ocean that high tide is going to come way higher. Tonights high tide should be the worst they are thinking.

Attachments

• ResizedImage951351511139401.jpg
    ResizedImage951351511139401.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 160
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 162
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 164
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 157
Wow! Stay safe all. I didn't know anyone was under water already!

Lake Erie is nuts too! We rode clean 6's 2 days ago but didn't ride yesterday because it was 42 and raining hard all day. 8 footers yesterday though!

Predicting 12-18 footers tomorrow and the next day! We are riding at least 1 of them!

Heres a lil vid from my phone of my back yard and my neighbors about 9:30am 10/29, shot from Iphone.
Heres a vid of yesterday afternoon

Last edited by a moderator:
water coming up by me as well.. tonight's and tomorrow mornings high tide gunna be the worst of it.. hopefullly it wont be that bad..
(i do have my ski gassed up and my vid cam ready just in case for some neighborhood riding if need be.. gota try and make light of a bad situation somehow..)

IMG01483-20121029-0917.jpg

swapmeet

Brotastic
Yeah, been watching the news and thinking about all of my fellow X-er's up there. Hope everyone stays safe, cause stuff can be replaced and you can't.

Once you have the 'safe' part handled... definitely have fun!

Top Bottom