SX/SXi/SXi Pro elec box

im hooking up a 750 box to a 750 engine for the first time and just wondering about a couple wires here. I opened up the 750 elec box to figure out how to hook everything up. There's three wires coming out of the box for the temp sensor which i won't be using and don't have, one wire is black/yellow and the other two are red/yellow, should i just cut these wires off inside the box and then seal up the hole in the electric box? I can snap a pic or two if it helps. To better explain it. the bk/y wire comes out of the CDI igniter and goes to the temperature sensor and then there are two r/y wires coming back from the temperature sensor, they go through the box and get combined into one wire and then go to the CDI igniter (the wiring diagram only shows one r/y wire though).

So the question is can i just cut these wires inside the elec box and dip the ends in plastic/glue then cover in elec tape? then seal up the hole on the elec box from where the wires went through?

Magyar68

Really!!!
Thought the GREY wire was a ZXi thing, for the Tachometer.. OR for other sit-downs. And I thought the Red yellow module had the Fuse on it...

yes, you are correct. i think i also posted this on pwctoday, and the thread continued a little farther over there. i was looking for an answer on what i can do with these wires. i ended up getting a used cdi for a normal 750 box and im just going to throw that into the zxi box. i believe that they should be interchangeable. hopefully someone will want to buy the zxi cdi, it's minty.

Top Bottom