Electric Jet Ski

thats true but i am ok with it. elon musk will make ti possible to go to space, who else is doing that? not even trump
Elon needs to produce air taxis and supersonic airliners. Everyone needs to get to the launch pad for an orbit or two and be back home before dinner. Maybe after he gets those self driving Teslas worked out.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Flippable electric jet ski would be awesome. Unfortunately the battery tech isn’t there yet. Look at the weight of a Tesla. Apply the same percentage weight difference on a jet ski and you have, idk a 500 or 700lb stand up. Just doesn’t work.
I am thinking the right carbon hull 96v 8-10kw (max of 25-30kw) motor and 12-16 of these you could probably get 1 solid flip in.
1662150101387.png

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I still want to see a compressed air jetski, of course if there is one someone else will take credit for coming up with the idea of course.

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I actually did a lot of reasearch on this ski concept, there is a company in Australia that will sell the designs for the engine but they will not produce them, engine weighs about 25 lbs starts rotation at 3 psi, a carbon fiber hull that would hold two carbon fiber air tanks inside. no fuel tank . no electronics, no exhaust, no cooling system , hull can be totally sealed so no need for a bilge system either. The air tanks are the flotation, they are full of air duh. I would make it so the air tanks are removable from the back so you could just swap them out, any dive shop would have the compressors necessary to refill the tanks or you could invest in a two stage compressor.

Back on topic. The freeform boat had a chain drive between the engine and driveline. Had to lose some energy and efficiency like that. What Quinc has been up to with the motor direct drive to the pump is rad. 100% torque at 0 rpm will be awesome someday. Seems like a big round motor would have the output shaft in the middle which could be a hurdle? I’m so interested in this but haven’t really worked with electric motors.

I have always wondered why there wasn't more development with this. It seems like you could have a large brushless can motor with the center shaft threaded to accept a normal billet coupler. Bed plates on the electric motor could allow you to mount directly to Superjet motor mounts. Put a large battery where the fuel tank goes, and a huge brushless motor where your 701 sits. Even keep the cooling lines from the pump to cool the electric motor. It seems totally possible to make a drop in electric swap for any Superjet style hull. You could seal the engine bay completely and have sealed electronics. If you have seen any modern RC cars, they are wicked fast! Maybe some scaled up technology from that would work... I think the waterproofing and quality of electronics would be the major hurdle, Plus not catching yourself on fire with some won-ton battery

Top Bottom