Electrical Issue, help

cornbread40

Livin' the Dream!!!
So i was riding over the weekend and the ski was runnin great. Then after about 2 hours of riding the ski just completely shutoff mid run and would not refire. got a tow back in checked all the usuals nothing seemed wrong but the motor wouldnt turn over and got weeker evrytime i tried.
Then i put a new battery from my buddies ski in and it fired up right away. Took it out for quick spin and everything was all right. Came back to shore, smoked a cigarette in relief got back on fired right up and 30 seconds later the exact same thing happened.

Anyone know what this could be?? (Second battery was fully charged and when put back into other ski it worked)

ger87410

How did I get here?
U checked the stator yet?

U should be able to pick up an AC voltage across the 2 wires.

Disconnect the neg. on the battery and put a volt meter between that. If you read a voltage, you have a short or something on. In cars it'd be the radio. I can't imagine what'd stay on with a standup.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
check your kill switch, take it right apart it might be getting gummed up i had the same problem, is it running fine other then that? could also be your ecu

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I find it hard to believe the electrics are failing in a 2008 ski. Also since the ski died while running twice, I think the battery is not a t fault either. Maybe a fuel issue; is your fuel tank vent line unobstructed? Is the check valve oriented correctly (arrow pointing towards tank)?

Maybe something to look at.

Top Bottom