Blaster Electrical problem is making my brain hurt... Help please! (PROBLEM FOUND)

retroicon

XX-xx-XX-xx-XX
I've got it now...as I said, it does not matter which output terminals of the relay go where...there is no polarity for the fat cables.

...but, the cable that ties to the inline fuse has to go to back to the battery +, not to the starter!

He had the battery lead (and fuse) connected to the starter...meaning no juice, ever, for the solenoid coil to pull the output contacts closed.

The wording (or possible confusion on the OP's part about the way relays / solenoid coils work) threw me off...he was talking about where on the relay it was connected, when he needed to be looking at the other end!

The short version is, when pressing the start button, or shorting the brown/red wires together (same as pressing start) the relay wasn't closing because the small 20 guage lead was connected to the starter, instead of to the battery...

I actually needed to be looking at both ends. ;)

Anyway, I think we all get it now. Or maybe all these followups have just confused the hell out of anyone that's going to come and see this thread sometime later...

-G

Top Bottom