Custom/Hybrid EME Q8 with SXR powerplant

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Does anybody on here know of or have a Q8 with the sxr motor setup in Michigan that I can meet up with to bum a ride. I have almost all the parts including the motor to do the swap. I just want to get a feel for it watched a video on here a while back of one with a 850BB do a nice flatwater backflip. Also has anybody rode a 701 Q8 with just a bpipe vs the sxr with wet pipe and if so how did they compare?

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Ok will do I am thinking of having Steve Webster or Doug Flannery build me a stroker SXR motor to put into it. I wish I could get a superfreak with this combo I would also like to ride a freak in general.

a6898976-9aaa-a093.jpg
a6898976-9ac0-852f.jpg

Just quick pics off a phone. No wake flip only trim nosed in. Tired from riding all day and practicing 360's kinda far away pic

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Wow what is your setup I like your avatar and those pics. How good does it barrel roll with your setup? Did you ride any Q8's with a yami motor in them?

My roll technic is horrible but still performs easily .
850 kawi
180 psi stock milled head
Fully ported motor( cases and cylinder)
Tbm tl flywheel
Advent ignition
48 novis
R and d intake
V force 3 reeds
Wet pipe
ATP waterbox
145 setback mag w/ 11/18
Skat trim( worst out there)
Jss coil

That's about it ski weighs in at 242 full of gas and battery.

c6e4c37f-c636-53a9.jpg
c6e4c37f-c668-f780.jpg
c6e4c37f-c6a5-9b58.jpg
c6e4c37f-c6ff-396a.jpg
c6e4c37f-c743-2e3b.jpg

I simply made the decision to get this hull . Didn't ride any aftermarket skis first. If I did if would be between this and the freak I rode tems at spring wavedaze and liked it. Sucked tho bc this wasn't done yet so I havent had it in the surf yet and dunno when I'll get to ride a freak on flatwater. My pole is very short for flatwater so not sure the ride I gonna be in the surf This just happened to be alot cheaper for me since I already had all kawi driveline . One day I switch to a yami powerplant and I would think that a 777 or whatever a bigbore 701 is would be comparable to this 850 . Mine pulls like a train, very very snappy

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
My q8 has a yami motor and with a kawi mag pump and it rips!!! I absolutely love. Back flipped my first time out on it off a boat wake, and I never back flipped before that moment. also almost getting plate to plate on barrell rolls. Getting bog height just have to work on my rotation.

Let me know if you have any questions

Top Bottom