Custom/Hybrid Enclosed Ski Trailer /Camper

Trying to figure out if I should bring beach dolly or make some kind of ramp and wench system ,what do you guys think? Could just back it to the water with some better tires

Not sure where you ride and what your access is like, but for me dragging a trailer onto the sand is most of the times not allowed, and even when it is alowed it can be like an anchor. I would plan on a cart and make room accordingly.

JMew03

The call me Mew Mew
Its 12 feet with a 2 foot v-nose.

Take a look at my trailer thread as well. E-tracks make trailer building 1000x easier. And you can move the bunks or whatever around.

I use the trailer for racing dirt bikes, snow machining, and jetski's. Insulated it, added 12v electric with inverter, or it can be plugged in direct to a generator, the RV , or 110v. DSC_0477.JPG DSC_0473.JPG DSC_0476.JPG DSC_0546.JPG

"Trying to figure out if I should bring beach dolly or make some kind of ramp and wench system ,what do you guys think? Could just back it to the water with some better tires"

Old thread but, I pull my trailer onto the beach at Pismo. I leave me ski on my beach dolly in the trailer and roll it out and into the water. If I wanted to fit two skis I'd need a wider trailer or I'd have to take the ski off the dolly to fit 2 skis side by side. Usually I have my bike and a quad in the trailer too. My dolly has a winch so I beach my ski after riding, then crank it up onto the dolly, much easier than loading the ski while in the water like most people do. Then I roll the dolly back up into the trailer. Easiest way for one person to launch at the beach that I can think of. If the sand is hard pack (low tide) I can get away with standard air pressure. If I go into the soft sand I air down the truck and trailer tires to about 20 psi.

Top Bottom