Freestyle End of the road for me....

JimTMich

SXi Pro and RN SJ
Don't know how many of you remember me from here and the other forums, but I'm about ready to throw in the towel and sell my skis.

About 3.5 years ago I got a little achilles damage jet sking on my 39th birthdday.
So I wasn't able to do much sking. Cancel 2 seasons of sking
Tried again last year as the achilles was getting better and got some tendonitus in my right elbow wrestiling with the kids and I couldn't ski with that, screaming pain lifting the handle pole. Cancel another season.
So that finally got better after about 9 months and now I have it in the other elbow. Cancel another season...

I'm thinking it's time to throw in the towel. If I cannot go big, I might as well stay home and find something else to do.....

I had a lot of fun, but I think it's the end of the road for me and the skis.....

Bummer :17:

Jim

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
dude, your location says "at the Gym" maybe the working out thing aint working for you. Quit that and keep riding LOL, for real bro, that sucks but never quit trying.

swannysxr

Site Supporter
Don't do it, I'm 46 got bad knees, parts missing in my back, somewhat repaired rotator cuff, other (good one) grinds, pops, and clicks. Still kicking it, going big this year!

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
all ya "ol' folks" better stay at home,and without sports grow your physiological problems grow larger. Walking the dog will not solve this - sports with effort and willing to strive although everything may hurt heals you. Just don't over do it like you like to usually.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I have a few broken bones and other injuries under my belt. I hurt every day, somewhere. The only time I don't hurt is when I ride.

I vote ride more. Tell the kids to grow up and buy them jet skis. No more wrestling. Problem solved.

VXSXH20

Sionis Industries
I have been in this corner soo many times, I think all of us have considered it more often than not, I get sore and tired, I have children-another on the way. I dont get to ride nearly as much as i want or used to , I have other pressing matters and bills. we all do..MY skis lose value every day and may not have all the trick parts like others, but they are mine and somewhat a stress reliever to wrench on.. or just stand around them. Sure you could sell your stuff and take up cycling or photography... but when you hear that brap over your shoulder, your going to instantly flashback and remember the good times and probably regret it. -If all else fails, as wolfchild says..just set it on fire! then collect the insurance! You can reduce to one good ski, but dont give up! Hang in there!

old gym rats never die, they just get a bit smaller and time heals all wounds. keep going to the gym and eventually you'll be able to take some jetski abuse. never get rid of your toys unless you're flat broke. it always cost more to get the toy back, than you got for it when you sold it. walk by it and spit on it every once in a while if it makes you feel better. works for me!

R

ridethelip

Buy the book "Pain Free" author Pete Egoscue Amazon 9.99
apply some of the principles

JimTMich

SXi Pro and RN SJ
Thanks for the helpful input guys.
It's not that big a deal to hold on to the skis, just the space they are taking up in the garage where I could put a kit car or something.....
I just moved off the lake and told myself to wait another year before ditching the skis....
I hope to make it work...
I'm no stranger to pain, I buy advil in the 1000 count bottle. Started riding jet skis in 1990. Blew my knee out with a sledge hammer doing house work in 96.... That's pretty limiting...but the doc says I can make it better or might make it worse... I can live with that. Sholder problems...got those......Lifthing weights helps with most of all that stuff, but the achilles....that's debillitating... not being able to play with the kids.. not being able to take them to a museum or play ball in the yard...really don't want to repeat that one. It still reminds me it's not fully healed every time I do anyting interesting.....I was really in a bad way mentally for a while. I'm glad my wife and kids put up with me through this time...

So I've taken up Playing Bass Guitar in the rock band at church. That has been a blast leadig the Church in worshiping Jesus. God has really pulled me out of that bad mental state. It reallly could have gotten ugly at home, but Jesus pulled me through.

I'll keep a ski or two and see if I can get back in the saddle this summer.
Thanks for the encouragement guys :)

deftons56

Brian
tumblr_lvrsroXDm01qi65vl.gif

I know im along way off (im 30) but there will be a day that all of us will have to throw in the towel. I know for my that will be one of the most depressing days of my life. Im struggling with two ankles that are so weak I know its only a matter of time before one or both shatter. And im not sure how I will recover from that. Ive rolled both so many times and have teared more then half my tendons. There so bad I can roll them just by moving the ball joint without any pressure on it. When im skiing I rap them so tight that if anything happens Im going to blow my knee out. Until then I will keep no skiing and hope for the best. But if its the choice between skiing or being able to do stuff with your kids its a no brainer

swapmeet

Brotastic
I'm not a physical therapist or anything, but is it possible that your weight training is inflaming some of the injuries? Maybe something lower impact like swimming would be helpful? I sustained a shoulder injury while on a weight training cycle and had to stop doing that movement completely for 3+ months to get it to heal.

Is is possible to hop on your ski and just putz around the lake. Perhaps just getting some tray time in (while taking it easy) would be good soup for your soul...

GL brotha! Don't give up, talk to some experts, make a plan, don't stop trying. You never know you may be eating or drinking something that isn't right for you and you don't know it?

Top Bottom