Freestyle Engine blew-10 hours into it- who is @ fault?

Most gas cans, clear or other colors are polypropylene, which is used because of its uv resistance. Only a small amount of light will pass thru it. But you should always keep them out of direct sunlight

tntsuperjet

Tntperformance-engineering.com
Vortex, poly is uv resistant but it is not a uv screen. It passes uv right through it.
It's own compound is stable in uv for some time before they degrade. But it does nothing to preserve its contents.

Independent anti-knock testing that doesn't involve the oil companies.
There have been several people over the last 25 years who had allegedly made breakthroughs in engine technology to get really high gas mileage numbers or a car that ran only on water. Those inventors didn't live long after revealing their inventions...

swapmeet

Brotastic
Vortex, poly is uv resistant but it is not a uv screen. It passes uv right through it.
It's own compound is stable in uv for some time before they degrade. But it does nothing to preserve its contents.

Thanks for the explanation.

Last question... Can you expound on the time frame that gas goes bad?

You initially said hours, which is what really made my head spin.

9087a946c03639a72da13b7e71b4315c.jpg

CRJ

Hibernating
2 stroke diesels are real, but they have exhaust valves. They also have much higher compression.
yep, they need 205psi minimum to auto ignite diesel (410F roughly). Replace the spark plug with an injector hooked to a throttle position sensor on the carb to get your A/F mix. it can be done, with your shut off hooked to the injector to kill the fuel supply. I guess some dont realize what is or isn't possible, and would rather bash on somebody's comment without knowing the answer to the statement.

I guess it should be clarified i said i could run just about anything through it. Just about, and run through, not run on. But i must have said "I can run it on anything" to get the replies i did.

yep, they need 205psi minimum to auto ignite diesel (410F roughly). Replace the spark plug with an injector hooked to a throttle position sensor on the carb to get your A/F mix. it can be done, with your shut off hooked to the injector to kill the fuel supply. I guess some dont realize what is or isn't possible, and would rather bash on somebody's comment without knowing the answer to the statement.

I guess it should be clarified i said i could run just about anything through it. Just about, and run through, not run on. But i must have said "I can run it on anything" to get the replies i did.

Throttle plate and a\f mix is out the window when it comes to diesel. I wasn't bashing, just stating the truth. So carry on.

Top Bottom