Engine problems

Have a 95 blaster bought it new in 95 ran fine no problems till 08 then motor gave out so i rebuillt it and on the first ride it blew up again melting the front piston so i had the crank replaced and rebuilt it again and yet again it blew up melting the front cylinder so i thought i did somthing wrong upon the rebuild and did it one more time and it melted it again.. checked the cylinder for cracks and found none what else could it be??????

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You didn't fix the original problem that caused the first engine failure. Check your carbs and fuel system.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Yes. Whenever you have an engine failure, you need to figure out exactly what caused it and make sure it doesn't happen again

ok cool that helps out it makes sense im sure after 13 years of running the carb is gonne get clogged i always winterized it but never rebuilt the carb

Matt_E

Site Supporter
The internal filter is probably clogged. Take it apart, clean it, rebuild it, replace the needle & seat.

if your going to rebuild it, i would send your pistons to swain tech coatings and have the pistons ceramic coated. it cost 30-50 per piston, but i've had very good luck in a number of 2 strokes. race motors and stock motors. we have run snowmobile race motors so lean that the piston rings momentarily seized to the cylinder, with virtually no damage to the piston. you definitely need to figure out what, have you also gotten rid of your oil injection, you need to do that.

Matt_E

Site Supporter
Instead of fancy coatings,i would fix whatever is wrong with the engine ti cause it to size all the time to begin with.

Top Bottom