Engine Symptoms

E350

Site Supporter
Thank you @WFO Speedracer and @DylanS I will post up photos of what I find.

It did not stop our riding, either yesterday or the day before, or the day before that because we road the 2019 SJ and the FX-1. But my wife prefers how sharp her 1994 SN SJ turns and how she can carve it at low and moderate speeds.

I keep telling her to buy a 1996 to 2997 RN SJ for the SN style bottom hull with the current RN top but she believes riding skill is more important than equipment.

On the other hand, I need all the help I can get from the equipment to improve my riding . . .

As soon as we get her ski running or at least another third ski running (maybe my 550sx) I want to install the B pipe in my FX-1.

Last edited:
I would agree if it spins in the air but not in the water that's probably not a bearing, the bearing would be just as locked up in the air as in the water. If the splines are stripped there could be enough there to spin it with no resistance but not under load in the water.

DylanS

Gorilla Smasher
Thank you @WFO Speedracer and @DylanS I will post up photos of what I find.

It did not stop our riding, either yesterday or the day before, or the day before that because we road the 2019 SJ and the FX-1. But my wife prefers how her sharp her 1994 SN SJ turns and how she can carve it at low and moderate speeds.

I keep telling her to buy a 1996 to 2997 RN SJ for the SN style bottom hull with the current RN top but she believes riding skill is more important than equipment.

On the other hand, I need all the help I can get from the equipment to improve my riding . . .
I have been riding since I was 12 and recently got out to an event where someone who actually knew how to throw down on a flat water ski pointed out a few things to help me improve my flat water riding. To be fair I spend more time building them than riding them but still on the setup I have my flat water performance is less than optimal. Very curious to try out the changes he pointed out to me.
The equipment is a large part of it, or at least its setup, and so is the knowledge. Maybe even half and half imo.

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
I have never run across it on a standup before but my understanding is it is quite common on older Superjets and I don't work on many Superjets here , I have seen it a zillion times on Seadoos where the driveshaft wasn't properly aligned with the engine.

After you get the new driveshaft installed, I would recommend pulling everything out of the ski, ( you are going to have to anyway ) install the pump , leave the midshaft out , bolt the alignment tool onto the hull , shim the pump to where the center piece of the alignment too slides in and out easily with no binding, then install and silicone in the midshaft, then put the engine back in and align the PTO coupler to the midshaft coupler.

The driveshaft has to be in properly aligned or you can't properly align anything else.

That is the correct way to do it , there may be other ways but personally I don't trust them , you can get a good fairly cheap alignment tool from Weeksbrothers powersports , that is the tool I have and I am very happy with it.

Top Bottom