Other Epic ignition options

I'm considering an epic ignition just would like to hear others thoughts on them
Are they reliable?
Any complaints?
Worth the cost?
Thanks

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
The EPIC is a very good product due to few aspects:

- plug in and feel the difference, timing advance is your friend - especially with pipe and compression combo
- fit in ebox so pretty safe and the latest ones have new updated software in them and are very reliable
- you can adjust (upload/modify ignition curves) them via cable to your PC and you have the possibility to switch in between 2 different curves with a turno of a button (additional item)

ATP will also assist you anytime if there is a need. Go for it!

The EPIC is a very good product due to few aspects:

- plug in and feel the difference, timing advance is your friend - especially with pipe and compression combo
- fit in ebox so pretty safe and the latest ones have new updated software in them and are very reliable
- you can adjust (upload/modify ignition curves) them via cable to your PC and you have the possibility to switch in between 2 different curves with a turno of a button (additional item)

ATP will also assist you anytime if there is a need. Go for it!
Reliable wouldnt be the first word I would use. Mine you randomly kill the ski when ridding. Also if your electronics aren't perfect good luck using it

I have been running one for about 8 months now in saltwater 2 - 3 tanks a week, no problems to report HUGE power improvement over stock CDI. DISCLAIMER I did however fit it to a 1 year old driveline so electrics were in good condition.

Matty

Very Simple and anyone can install, nice alternative option from total loss (totall loss is significantly better). im on my second epic because me being the genius that i am one day i hooked up battery backwards with no inline fuse and the first thing to go was the epic. good bang for you buck if your running a big motor

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I ran two different ones and had no issues with it. Plus great customer support. One for over a year. Big improvement over stock and u can run it as aggressive as u want too...in terms of curve, and ur battery still charges. I'd use a TBM (gen 2) flywheel instead of lightened stock.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
^interesting, I thought msd was the better unit... but basically epic has problems running with older electronics..say 1997? haha

I agree with you that the epic doesn't like to run with older equipment but I think it's because it's a much more sophisticated piece... with more options therefore making it a little more finicky so that you don't run it with POS ignition equipment.

All that being said there're several threads where guys say that they've run brand-new equipment i.e. stators, wiring and such and still couldn't get the epic to perform right. I can't really comment on that but I can't say that the two separate epic brains that Iran worked great

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
I have been running mine for over a year with no issues. I bought mine from jetworks with custom curves for my specific setup. I personally think this is one thing best left to the pros, its not just plug and play. Get it programmed right the first time and you will be good.

Speaking of my curves, i havnt even tried my second curve for 100LL...:scratchchin:

Top Bottom