epoxy resin?

Diessel

x-H2O
ok i tryed a search but nothing came up. can anybody tell me if i can use normal liquid hardener with epoxy resin. or what are my options. thanks

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I Don"t know what you mean by "normal liquid hardener". :dunno:

What is it intended for?

Generally speaking, you can only use hardener specifically made for the resin you got.

Diessel

x-H2O
thanks for the response the one that came with my resin says in the derections "add x amount of drops to an ounce of polyester resin. thats why i thought i should ask before i do anything. thanks is that fast cure stuff any good?

meatball

User Title Unavailable
if the epoxy resin directions said "add x amount drops hardener to polyester resin" then it is not epoxy resin.

Fast cure epoxy is just as good as slow in strength. Only need to worry about blush in cheaper brands like US composites, West systems and MAS have little blush comparatively. Just one more step. IF your working in the summer, rule of thumb is never buy fast. I always use medium or more often slow because the pot life of fast in a butter can is about 10 minutes even if that, I like an hour a whole lot better, 2 hours even more.

Top Bottom