Surfriding Ethanol Treatments?

I did a search and didn't find anything so here it goes:

Does the Stabil ethanol fuel treatment work? I cannot seem to run E10 without clogging up my fuel separator once the gunk separates to the bottom of the tank. With baby, school, and work I haven't rode so much as of late, missed a wonderful warm fall and winter, and now all I can get is 87 octane in pure form.

Also do you need to jet up for E10? I rejetted my bike for ethanol and all is peachy most of the time, Damn I hate E10 rot gut gasoline.

from what i understand, the stabil green treatment is nothing more than a fuel stabilizer for ethanol fuel.

we stock / sell / use star tron fuel treatment that CURES all ethanol problems.

you can see / order here;
http://watcon.com/shop_supplies.htm

I'd like to know more about this product. Specifically, I have a carb'd bike that like to plug up the pilot jet when it sits for a few weeks without riding, and pulling the quad carb set-up is a royal hassle! What exactly does this product cure? Not sure why, but the problem has been much more pronounced with ethanol in the fuel and wasn't a problem before that. Maybe this would be a better fuel stabilizer/treatment. I've tried Techron, Stabil, and Sea Foam for stabilizing the fuel and cleaning the pilots...unfortunately it still fouled up again and the treatments won't clean it up (pulling the carbs again in a few weeks). Thanks!

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
One of my buddy's turned me on to this stuff about a year ago and i have been using it ever since. He has been using it for a few years with great results. Before that he used sta-bil marine, which always led to fuel problems in his bay boat. ever since he started using star tron, his boat fires right off, even thou its used maybe 4 times a year.

i dont mean to get off topic but another additive that i use in my superjet is yamaha ring free. excellent stuff! i use them both in every tank, 1oz star tron and 1/2oz ring free.

StandupEd

Eddie would Tow
I started “ flushing” my fuel system after my surf rides with this product. I disconnect the supply line from the carb and connect a common 1 quart soft plastic solvent bottle found at any auto paint supply store filled with TruFuel. As I run the ski to flush the salt water the carbs get “flushed” as well. The ski usually drinks about 8 oz or so during the flush. Just like feeding a baby a bottle!

http://www.trufuel50.com/ProductInfo.aspx

john zigler

Vendor Account
I'd like to know more about this product. Specifically, I have a carb'd bike that like to plug up the pilot jet when it sits for a few weeks without riding, and pulling the quad carb set-up is a royal hassle! What exactly does this product cure? Not sure why, but the problem has been much more pronounced with ethanol in the fuel and wasn't a problem before that. Maybe this would be a better fuel stabilizer/treatment. I've tried Techron, Stabil, and Sea Foam for stabilizing the fuel and cleaning the pilots...unfortunately it still fouled up again and the treatments won't clean it up (pulling the carbs again in a few weeks). Thanks!

poor quality fuel will spoil in a week or two. one other thing with ethanol fuel is it will actually pull moisture from the air. this will cause corrosion inside your carb(s), fuel system, etc.

i ALWAYS suggest running good quality fuel, with NO ethanol. unfortunately not everyone is able to source good fuel. in that case, run this startron treatment, to eliminate issues due to ethanol.

go through your carb, and clean completely. drain your fuel, and fill fresh with startron added.

we have startron in stock.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Thanks, seriously not to bash for the others are not proven. I have had many issues until two years ago when I started running. My sxr was horrible compared to the SJ, used to get a quart of water every few months.

Man I forgot all about pure-gas.org, I have told alot of people about it too. I'll check out the startron and it is locally available too. Lucky my skis have E free fuel and Stabil in them now.

Top Bottom