Freestyle Everything Trim

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
I want to know everything about setting up a trim system.
I have never ridden a stand up with trim.
I picked up a RN hull that already has a trim cable so i'd like to know more about using this set up

context:
Ive been chasing buoys for the past 3 seasons on my 750. Borrowed my roomates 701 SN for a weekend. tried huckin some rolls for the 1st time. i could get them past 1/2 way on like my second try. but attempt #10 caved in the side of the hull. So i ordered me a RN hull that already has footholds and is cabon fiber reinforced... and was set up for trim.

I am building this ski specifically for flatwater rolls
trim yes or trim no?

What are the benefits of using Trim?
When exactly do pull the lever?
What are my options for parts?
I have access to a waive raider pump, but I think the reduction nozzle is plastic. Good to use or no?
Is it worth the money / hassle?

if you're looking to but a trim set up order from jetmaniac he carries the xm trim
you can use the thrust ez trim which is nice but around 3x the price of the xm

10 roll attempts broke your buddies square? Were you doing them off your balcony? I know rolls are hard on stuff, but Ive attempted over 50, and smacked the side of my ski doing inverted stabs and such, and have done no damage.

If you can get halfway on a roll your 2nd try, esp coming from buoy racing, id say just keep practicing without trim.

swapmeet

Brotastic
Nothing wrong with Raider Trim, or C.A.T.S. cheap ace trim system. IMO, trim is just something else to mess with, something else to adjust and break.

Most nozzles are plastic.

Really only good for setup wakes. Congrats on your halfa roll... Go get the other half!

Half flip95

Formerly pondracer95
10 roll attempts broke your buddies square? Were you doing them off your balcony? I know rolls are hard on stuff, but Ive attempted over 50, and smacked the side of my ski doing inverted stabs and such, and have done no damage.

If you can get halfway on a roll your 2nd try, esp coming from buoy racing, id say just keep practicing without trim.

It was a blowsion painted SN "Foxy Blue" im sure this ski had taken some hard landings before i got on it

iangdesign

Cats, lots of cats!
settle down little spoons. I went down to west marine, bought an epoxy kit, and did a complete repair that night... he wont let me ride it anymore so i had to get my own.

I wouldn't let you ride it anymore either...I'd be like WTF dude? Maybe buy him a new hull if one comes up cheap enough. A little epoxy isn't gonna hold long. Glad you fixed it though.

Top Bottom