SX/SXi/SXi Pro Exploded the waterbox again on my 750sx

Flyin-A

'93 750sx
This is the second time this has happened. My ski seems to flood easy with the 46mm super BN carb. Thinking I might have the wrong pop-off spring(but it has been in there for years of rec riding). It will fire right up and run great but not everytime.Sometimes at cold start up it will either lite or flood. I have to take the plugs out and spray them off with carb cleaner if I'm not real careful with just barely cracking the throttle when starting it. I'm begining to think theres a problem with the ignition(I just cut the coil wires back about 3/8 of an inch to make sure of a good connection).

The ski:

stock bore '93 750sx/44mm super bn,r&d intake and pipe,timing advance plate,13/19 skat trac(not sure of the impeller number) has had a new stater about 5 years ago. Been running this set-up 5-7 years with sucess(advance plate is a new addition last year).

Questions:

Is there a way to check the coil?

Is there a good replacement option?

Do you think the start/kill button have anything to do with this?

Any other electrical parts/pieces that might make the ignition do funky things?

Any and all comments welcome.

Thanks!

When was the last time the carb was gone through and rebuilt? I would think a leaky needle and seat could make it flood out easy. Also how does your spark look strong or weak? I just changed out to a MSD coil and saw a noticable difference in spark over stock. I would also check the compression too, I have seen a couple of skis with to low of compression have these same problems.

Flyin-A

'93 750sx
Kind of hard to see the spark out in the sunlight with shade over the plugs.

What kind of MSD did you goto?

I'm going to check the pop-off pressure and spring as well as clean the entire carb and get the coil checked too..

When I get it fired up I could ride it until the tank was dry. Thats why I'm not sure about a few things. It runs good when its lit.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom