extra fuel tank in tray? in backpack?

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I wanna carry an extra 2.5 gallon tank with me... it fits nice in the tray and I can strap it down, but I'm worried about the law...

I can turf it to match my tray and strap it down, or I could just put it in a backpack and strap that in the tray or just carry it on my back....

Is there a way that would be legal?

I can't think of a reason it would be illegal. If it was a vented can then I can see a problem but a sealed can what would be the big deal. Like Darin said there are couches doing it all the time with 2 - 6 gallon cans strapped on the rear.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
aight... I will just keep strapping it to my tray... I will call the ODNR on Monday just to make sure there is not something wrong with it.... people have just told me that having a tank in your tray could get you in trouble, but maybe they are just trying to be on the safe side....

Matt, I might change back to the stock tank too... its something I have to think about.... it would be nice to have the extra ride time... I would make my oem tank into an internal fuel fill if I do...

cycojon

addicted to my superjet
i have always wanted too but never had the time...

i want to put my fire ext in the lathe and part off the bottom, then turn some threads in the ID with a little land and make a new bottom with threads and an O-ring and store extra fuel in it! then i kill two birds with one stone!

ahhhh, one of these days ill get around to it!

i have always wanted too but never had the time...

i want to put my fire ext in the lathe and part off the bottom, then turn some threads in the ID with a little land and make a new bottom with threads and an O-ring and store extra fuel in it! then i kill two birds with one stone!

ahhhh, one of these days ill get around to it!

Then you could pressurize it and make a hose that attaches to the exit. Then all you have to do it place the hose in the tank and pull the trigger and Wamo 32oz of fuel.

Top Bottom