factory pipe and headpipe question

when i took out my ski last weekend it cavitated super bad and couldnt go more than 2-5mpm because i didnt have a pump ring on it.

The chamber was SUPER HOT, water sizzled like crazy, but my headpipe and engine was not hot at all, i could touch it and keep my hand on it.

question is, why is my chamber so hot?

do i have to open up my screws or is it just because my ski was cavitating and didnt get enough water in the headpipe to cool the chamber

Thanks Guys,
Justin

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
and my guess if the cylinder and headpipe were plenty cool is that the screws are all closed.
make sure at least one of them is open at least some.
i dont see there being an issue of low volume in the entire system because it was cooling the cylinders and headpipe down...but maybe?

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
the bit is marked and everything. i dont think it would be that hard. havent done it yet, but i plan on it.
worth a shot i think. just drill slow and make sure you dont drill too deep. other than that i dont think its easy to screw up.

the bit is marked and everything. i dont think it would be that hard. havent done it yet, but i plan on it.
worth a shot i think. just drill slow and make sure you dont drill too deep. other than that i dont think its easy to screw up.

Wish it was that easy but unfortunately you have to make sure you drill dead strait if not then the taper of the new screw will not seat into the hole and you will be leaking water into the chamber no mater how tight you set the screw.

Top Bottom