Factory Pipe Exhaust Manifold

well i screwed up and over torqued one of my factory head pipe bolts. I cant tighten one of the three head pipe bolts to the exhaust manifold. The female threads in the manifold stripped and came out with the bolt. how should i go about this?
a. hopefully i can find a new one on blowsion or ebay
b. bring it to a machine shop and have them put one of those thread sleeves in it (i hear those break off easy) at least thats what the lady at factory pipe told me after she told me they discontinued the 701 b pipe stuff.
c. try and tap it myself. (i went to the hardware store to get the stuff but i ended up returning it because the bolt that the helpful ace guy gave me would have been so tight around the head pipe walls that i wouldnt be able to get a socket or wrench around it.

what do you guys think?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
the lady at factory pipe told me after she told me they discontinued the 701 b pipe stuff.
wait waht? They arnt making B-Pipes anymore? How long ago did you call? I know they were back ordered but first I herd they were not making them

For on topic. Find Timesert in SS probably online order and drill and tap the bad thread and you will beable to use same size bolts as the other 2

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
They're local around me, they've signed a big contract with Polaris and are moving to a new shop they said they won't be making any for a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Kahuna

Administrator
Last I heard they were outsourced anyhow......... They have been running pipes for Polaris plus many other MFG's for years. That is their bread and butter.

Well I called up wamiltons today and that guy is gonna helped me out. He was very knowledgable on everything and he told me the lady at factory pipe don't know nothing about the pipes. He's gonna put some time certs in that are going to be stronger then the factory? He also made me want to buy an Ada head w griddle kit, dual cooling, and some v force reeds

Well I called up wamiltons today and that guy is gonna helped me out. He was very knowledgable on everything and he told me the lady at factory pipe don't know nothing about the pipes. He's gonna put some time certs in that are going to be stronger then the factory? He also made me want to buy an Ada head w griddle kit, dual cooling, and some v force reeds

Just received my factory pipe from Wammer. He is a good guy and will help you throughout the entire process. Putting the pipe together, tuning the ski etc. I ordered my pipe in the beginning of April and only got it last week. I had kept calling factory pipe asking when they will be making my pipe and they kept pushing the deadline by one month. Finally I asked to speak to a manager and they girl didn't even want to let me do so, I was upset. I told them that I just wanted a deadline date and that their customer service sucked the big one pretty much. The girl wasn't very helpful anyways and it didn't seem like she cared at all. I was upset because the pipe was already bought and paid for at the time, you'd think they would want to provide good customer service? Anyways after all that wait I've installed the pipe with a new girdle head kit, definitely recommended, but I got the blowsion one instead of ada. The v-force reeds are a must if you are going to put a pipe on it. You need to have everything work together and you will see the how snappy the ski is compared to stock. I also recommend an MSD enhancer in order to boost your rev limiter.

All this to say hopefully Wammer helps you out, I know he provided me with a pretty good dual cooling set up. Gonna be riding this weekend :) I look forward to it.

eric i have an msd on my ski with the ebox all tricked from jet ski solutions. that guy is nuts and does unbelievable work. i have the b pipe and i have a milled stock head for a little more compression. im looking at buying the dual cooling along with the ada head. the only thing i cant find is a set of in depth instructions with pictures of how to drop the pump out and where to tap the pump so i can use the stock bilge to route water to the engine. how hard was it for you to install the dual cooling. also i bought my sj brand new in 06 and i havent rebuilt the top or bottem end yet. ive ridden it basically every summer on the weekends for a couple hourse. the compression on the cylinders with stock cooling (one cyl hotter then the other) is 174 and 175. maybe it would be a good time to rebuild if i have to install that ada griddle kit ya know..

The bolt that faces towards the cylinder on my manifold was stripped years ago by someone else, you can just use a thru bolt with a flange nut ground down slightly so that it can be threaded in and also holds itself against the manifold while tightening. Works fine, surf and buoy course tested.

2the lake,

Seems like your compression is good at the moment. Might not be a bad idea to rebuild the ski when you have everything apart. You might just able to get away with it seems like your ski is running just fine. For the pump to set up dual cooling simply remove the pump tap into it and put a 90 degree elbow on it to connect the stock bilge line that is going through the hull. To remove the pump remove the four bolts mounted to the underside of the ski tray. Once removed take all water lines off and use a 2x4 to pry on the side of the hull and the pump. Give it a nudge and the pump will simply pop out of place. Pull the pump out and the shaft will come with it. Make sure the shaft don't get dirty and re apply moly extreme pressure grease dioxide grease. Remove the stock bilge syphon and hook up that line to the bottom of the of the exhaust manifold. Take the other like coming from the pump and hook up on the second fitting. Finish installing exhaust and your done!
55c628117d4235e852c8adc7d74387aa.jpg
a93a8dc7b0692edbe4965dc35e4eb5a0.jpg

Top Bottom