650/X-2 factory pipe or pjs700cc 3 piece?

Both good pipes. The PJS like its Coffmans counterpart would be my choice (i'll try to upload pics of my past skis with them) do require a little more maintenance. You want to keep an eye on couplers and mounting bolts. All good and hard to go wrong with either,power difference is negligable with the PJS probably being a little stronger on top,depending on setup. Good luck with either and have fun.

I went from a coffmans to a fpp and wasn't impressed at all. The ability to move the power around was nice. But not worth the price diff imo.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I would just go with a coffman's since you will save 200ish bucks. Then take that 200 bucks and buy an OEM SXR cutback impeller for a 650 pump.

I had a 650 motor with Westcoast pipe, Westcoast Head, and 44SBN keep up with a similar 650 with a factory pipe..its about the whole setup, not just the pipe.

I mean spin me a ported 57mph chamber. And l see now people are removing the adjustable jets on the factory[pipes manifold and making it ecwi. Wouldn't that be the same effect as setting the f.p to bottom end power and a flow control valve. But there is the trick factor with the ecwi

Last edited:
Were these "dyno" numbers produced with identical setups under identical circumstances? Its about the whole setup. Put a blower on a car, put it up against a non blown car with gears,suspension proper tune and good driver. Who gets to the end of the track sooner? Same boat, 1 guy get 56mph another guy gets 59. Lots of variables here.

I don't know unless my math is wrong factory makes 70hp to coffmans 62hp

The Coffmans pipe has a longer tuned length than all of the others. This makes it work well with any combination of parts. The Kawasaki 650 is very critical to tuning, especially the pump load. The FPP will make a little more power, about 100rpm more than a Coffmans. Missing any other tuning aspect will make a greater difference.

Top Bottom