SX/SXi/SXi Pro Factory SXi Dry Pipe Question

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
I picked up a 98 SXi Pro with a Factory Dry Pie and a EWCI (water injection)...I had to take the head and exhaust and clean out oll the cooling ports, blew air through all the hull fittings to make sure they were clear. The issue is when I had it on the water, the water box got SUPER hot, water on it boiling hot. Any ideas what would cause this?

The switch setting are verifed correct on the control box for a stock motor...

Attachments

• sylenoid.jpg
    sylenoid.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 72
  • control box.jpg
    control box.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 73
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
Did you check the screen in the water injection manifold? If it is clear, check the welded on fitting at the end of the chamber. This is where the water is fed into the system to keep your couplers cool. Some guys thread in a main jet to restrict waterflow and increase hp. Doesn't take much to clog them. Just some thoughts.

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Yes, i blew through all the openings, I am thinking that the silenoid for the EWCI is clogged, but I doubt that would cause the waterbox getting that hot, as it is a small hose that pulses water to the top of the exhaust manifold.
Could water be runnning to slow from the intake under the exhaust mainifold an through the head, then into the pipe?

Is anyone running this pipe they could snap a picture of the water lines routing, that would be a great help.. I went over it with Tom and I am 99% sure it is all perfect, but a picture is worth a thousand words...

Did you try pumping water into the clear line on top of the chamber. This line feeds water into the exhaust to keep it cool. run the ski for a few seconds while doing this, and check to see how hot your bx gets and how much water is coming out the back. You could also try disconnecting the cooling line from the pump, and shoot water through there and see how much comes out the top of the chamber.

Top Bottom