Failed backflip damage!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
aircraft i am gonna flip the kawi for you and tanner next time i come out i cant wait to try my first one lol i think i got it nono i know i got it i have the brap and the trim if needed just have to over come the weight but i can flat water roll that pig so thats a start what do you think

I'm flippin my heavy LPW Pig! 340lbs & she knows how to flip. Come on up, this weekend is looking good.

It'll be a flip fest!!!!

You can do it,

so true dan oh ya you bring the heaters to daytona this year lol wish i could but the blaster is broke and i have the girl friend she cant ride then she wont go i have to get her blaster fixed or she will take mine lol

Last edited:

Tkmww

Tanner M.
aircraft i am gonna flip the kawi for you and tanner next time i come out i cant wait to try my first one lol i think i got it nono i know i got it i have the brap and the trim if needed just have to over come the weight but i can flat water roll that pig so thats a start what do you think

Where have you been JR? I haven't seen you in a while! Come ride with the big boyz! That's how you get better! Plus, if you can flip a kawi you get big props just from a weight perspective. But then again Im 170-175 plus my superjet. So you and I probably even out in total weight...hahaha. Now you have to roll it the other way. I have my rolls going left and right now. And once I get the backie back in the rotation life will be good!

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
You better be ready for Sat, Damn those waves are looking good!!!!! Time to break in that new Xscream motor with some fresh Backflips.

Lucas & chris are coming, we're going for a Picture of 3 BF's together, 4 would be unreal. Come on Tanner!!!!!

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
so true dan oh ya you bring the heaters to daytona this year lol wish i could but the blaster is broke and i have the girl friend she cant ride then she wont go i have to get her blaster fixed or she will take mine lol
The heaters WILL be at Daytona!

I'm not sure if I'll be up & running tommorrow though. Cable is installed (mostly). Waiting on Frank to get off work so I can use his air grinder to open up the keeper plate to fit the Kawi cable. Plus my wife has me scheduled for some other stuff.

I never pretend to be the boss.

Tkmww

Tanner M.
I actually made it a weekend without breaking anything!!! And I flipped Lucas' ski and then he proceeded to flip mine about 10 times...damn him!!! I did get water in the engine and had to be towed back to shore by Jim again. I got my wrist smashed between two skis while I was hooking it up for the town...nice and bloody! I think the curse has gone back to Jim...he tore the front of his ski off today. A huge backie right into 5 foot of water. The ski didn't even make it underwater. Ouch!!! He's ok just sad about his baby.

Last edited:

dajnglst

Glass Happens
On my old sqaure we were able to do a 5th motor mount at the rear of the cylinder head to the top deck surounding the hood latch... It's rubber dampened to the hull with aluminum bracket fabbed to reach the rear 2 cylinder head bolts... It eases the stress on the engine on big landings... Had lost a bunch of cheap wsm bits over the years and figured this was a better fix than the Kenny keepers...

Try and post some pics at some point...

On my old sqaure we were able to do a 5th motor mount at the rear of the cylinder head to the top deck surounding the hood latch... It's rubber dampened to the hull with aluminum bracket fabbed to reach the rear 2 cylinder head bolts... It eases the stress on the engine on big landings... Had lost a bunch of cheap wsm bits over the years and figured this was a better fix than the Kenny keepers...

Try and post some pics at some point...

i'd love to do that to my 95 sn 701. pics pics please

Tkmww

Tanner M.
Got the x-metal trim on the ski!!! That last storm that came through put off some huge waves. The trim does comes in handy...training wheels. But I still sank my ski twice, thanks Stanley and Dan for towning me in. My hoodseal is coming in the mail from watcom should hopefully fix that issue. I do agree that I need more HP though...one day!

Tkmww

Tanner M.
I hear you...Im just afraid of breaking my nose off. Seen it and done it too many times. Riding in FL is always shollow where the surf is. But you already know that yama.

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
I was riding with some buddies at Hugo on Sunday and Jim did a few backies...and of course they looked sweet. The water was pretty rough but there were sets that were head high. I saw a big one coming so I said screw it and went straight up the face and it stopped rotating while I was upside down. I fell out of the tray and covered my head and luckily it didn't land on me. I tried another one and I slipped out again but the ski actually make it all the way around and went in nose first. Now I'm really getting the itch so I try one more time, all i have to do is hang on. This time I go up the face, lean back and gun it! I feel the ski coming around but only rotates about 3/4 of the way so kick it away at the last second. I get back to the ski, flip it over and it starts...but it only revs...no movement :(
I get towed back to shore and get to see the damage:
-All 4 motor mounts are sheared, I had Kenny engine keepers but since the engine moved up and forward it went over top of them.
-The coupler on the engine side some how shattered completely. WTF?!?!
-A spark plug shattered against the inside part of the hood.
-And the coupler cover broke off an ear as well.
-The handle pole looks like it has an indention as well.
Surf riding is an expensive sport! But its the only way to ride!
Thanks again to Jim for towing me in once again...and unfortunately bringing out my competitive nature...damn you!

Ha ha, I did the same thing off some big boat waves a few weeks back!

Check both couplers if you are trying to reuse either side.....mine was bent BAD! I got a set of billet from Brian at Thrust..................sweet, light and cheap!

Top Bottom