FATDAN's sn build

hey did you trade a 750 pole with my dad at costco last year? haha

have fun with that hull lol looks like w a crap ton of sanding and some paint it will look good

took out the footholds, probly gona have to redo the whole tray and refoam.... it needs to be reshaped anyways, and hopefully i can get my xfts on there. :bananapowerslide:

Attachments

• DSC_0094.jpg
    DSC_0094.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0092.jpg
    DSC_0092.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0091.jpg
    DSC_0091.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0344.jpg
    DSC_0344.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0093.jpg
    DSC_0093.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 61
you are correct, 91 is a 650. but mine is a 701 conversion.
And the new (to me) hull i got is reinforced, but if i dont end up using the new hull im gona do it all to my stock one. well see
and what does and MSD do exactly?

build is moving slow, surgery went well and starting to make progress...:crutches: gona start walking in about a month!:headbang:wooot!

started taking out all of the super wet and heavy foam, gona redo the tray, widen it quite a bit, figure out how to get my xfts on there.. lots of work :) and i got a lott of time

just bought trim too!

started the nose rocker today, got the hole cut... scary! gona foam shape and glass!

Attachments

• IMG_1177.jpg
    IMG_1177.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1178.jpg
    IMG_1178.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 73
Update!

Build has been moving slow, phisical therapy been keepin me busy... and once again the plans have changed, decided to go back to the original hull at least for now (other one needs too much $ at the moment) , Picked up a new pole, nose and hood almost done, trim almost installed then fiberglass and paint!

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 88

ArtMaybee

I'm Baaaack!
The chopped up hull looks like its got potential. I'm guessing the PO used turf to cover very ugly fiberglass work. Curious to know how much it weighs. The revised shape looks good except for the back of the gunwales looking HUGE with the extreme dip at the front. Id have to try balancing that out a bit.

To clean up that glass work you could always put 50grit on a line sander and/or a DA and grind as slush as possible and fair it with epoxy-microballoons mix. If the grinding is severe enough to cut too much reinforcement you can easily run a light fairing coat for low spots and carefully apply a couple layers of reinforcement over the top, working toward getting it smooth to reduce final fairing work. Try to use twill weave cloth since it drapes over complex shapes better than most other woven reinforcement.

Top Bottom