Fellow member Superjetruss passed away, everyone be careful out there!!! R.I.P

anthony_

wake jumping pirate
I am SO sad to hear this. As someone who loves riding in areas with lots of boat traffic and often rides alone this gives me pause.

My prayers go out to his family, friends and everyone on this site who knew him. I'm truly sorry for your loss. R.I.P.

dirtnut99

Yardsale Master
RIP Russ! My condolences to his family & friends... Always be aware of your surroundings at all times guys.....

Just another reason to have boating courses for everyone.. I was hit head on by a couch before when I had my first seadoo.. The other guy didn't even swerve, I am pretty sure drunk and his drunk cop friend agreed with him it was my fault, so I couldn't do anything about it.. I was sitting dead in the water for a min or 2 before he hit me.. Its scary out there sometimes.. And the idiots on their go fast boats think they own the lakes make it that much worse...

Last edited:
In Australia to get a boat liscence you can do a short course and an even shorter test. On many occasions we have had to help boaters that have no idea get there boats into ramps, onto trailers and off sand bars. Why wouldn't they have a practical licencing test? An accident on water is just as bad as an accident on land and in many occasions worse. There are just way too many incompetent people on the water.

Peace to all who knew him. I'm sure he will be missed.

Ride safe.

Rip.

Last edited:

SuziQ

Banned
ABC mentions him in this report about boating safety week. Sad and they show his superjet bobbing in the water after the accident. They report he hit the boat I will post up when I get further details.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7459096

Seeing his ski at the beginning of that clip was disturbing and sad. I am very sorry for your loss, and if you need to speak with someone, please feel free to pm me. My prayers go out to his family as well…please let us know if they need anything.

Flippin' old people shouldn't be behind the wheel of a boat traveling at speeds where they can't recognize (or see) what is in front of them.
You know that boat wasn't going slow, or else the injuries wouldn't have been that bad / fatal.

Just like old people driving cars, most of them are a danger to everyone on the road.

A stern side note to you: this is Chief Sam, and he is 70 years old, Retired Naval Officer. I met him a few weeks ago on our lake, watched him ride extremely well (he purchased that ski in 1992 and has been riding it ever since). He is extremely safe, so please do not stereotype all of our beloved elders who enjoy the water just as we do (such things are a case by case basis, always). He will be riding with us regularly (currently taking computer courses and hopes to be on this site soon, and he isn't anyone you wish to tango with), and I am sure he would have loved the opportunity to ride with Russ.

Rest in peace Russ.

Attachments

• IMG_9519c1.JPG
    IMG_9519c1.JPG
    368.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9517c1.JPG
    IMG_9517c1.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9509c1.JPG
    IMG_9509c1.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9448c1.JPG