FFF wants to build a hull with a chasis

King Kang

Never enough tray time...
According to their Facebook page:

The FFF 2.0 is going to change the game once again as we continue to make the strongest, lightest, most user friendly and performance ready Hulls. Collaborations with a world class race car manufacture and FFF technology, we will be producing the worlds first chassis based watercraft. Now drivetrain can be dropped in seconds allowing 360 degree access to the engine bay. Different weight decks for competition and recreational use will be available and can swapped out right on the beach. All FFF 2.0 hulls will have a new universal mounting system to allow for different exhaust, tank, electrical, and driveline setups. We are releasing a sneak peak of our innovation before launch. Come check out the new FFF 2.0's at the @mastercraftthrowdown August 8th where some of the top athletes from various sports will put this through the ringer. Prices and more info will be available soon.​

I'm really interested to see how/if this works.

Attachments

• FFF-Chasis.jpg
    FFF-Chasis.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 312

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
Interesting idea.

I'm assuming they found that their molded plastic skis held up great to impact, but flexed too much to keep the drivetrain aligned. They appeared to have something similar in the skis I've seen photos of, attempting to brace the firewall / motor mounts.

I think this is a great way to go, if they can figure out sealing the pump area properly.

-Rob

bored&stroked

Urban redneck
interesting that the high tech industries such as f1 or aerospace are running away from frame construction and here are a few who seem to think that this retrograde technology is a great idea.

Yes, because we all want our ski's to cost what F1 cars and airplanes cost. Smh.....

swapmeet

Brotastic
FFF has my respect for thinking outside the box. This is a pretty high dollar hobby. Sure it has budget roots... but go to Flatwater Friday during the Daytona Freeride and see the skis people bring out just for that event... probably a quarter mil in skis on shore. And the guys with that kind of scratch are always looking to get the newest greatest thing.

Will it sell/ work? Hard to say...
I imagine the marketing will be offering packages. "Aluminum Chassis with a Flatwater and Surf Bottom deck with a surf strength top deck that would work on either..."
I'd guess $12k for that?
I mean, you're essentially getting two hulls for 12k....
I mean, imagine if you had a Freeride bottom deck and a Freestyle Bottom Deck that you could swap out on your Freestyle weight Topdeck/ Chassis in 20 min. That's an interesting concept.

Like I said, they seem tenacious and they're approaching the sport from angles that haven't been hit before. I think they'll find something that sticks eventually, as long as they can afford the R&D.

Ducky

Back in the game!
I think it seems like a sweet idea! Obviously, like many people, I am a bit skeptical but this is one of the coolest ideas ive seen. Whether it works or not is another story.

But how cool would it be so just pop off the top deck and pop on a fixed steer top deck (not saying they are going to make one...just thinking of options). If I could have a fixed steer for the surf and pole ski for flat water, I would be a happy man!

King Kang

Never enough tray time...
I would love to surf test one of these with a 701 in some 4-6 footers and see how it holds up. The plastic one or the frame one.

I don't think there is anything out there that's unbreakable.

They're definitely making some bold claims but I feel like they might actually be able to back them up. They've got a great website, seemingly strong inventory management, innovative materials, original designs, and strong sponsored riders. FFF is checking a lot of boxes so far. All of this leads me to believe that they have decent startup capital compared to many other builders.

Top Bottom