Fiberglass suggestions

Trying to paint my 650 I discovered the PO covered up fiberglass damage with bumpers. Please see attached pictures. There is a crack in the rear portion of the ski that can barely be seen in the picture ( Figured some type of epoxy would be best to fix that) but the front wanted to see what people suggest. I can put the bumper back on and try to put fiberglass to that ? Or what would you all suggest? I haven't worked with fiberglass before but am fairly handy. My plan is to keep the bumpers off and just turf all around the edges. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Pour foam behind the bond rail. Shape it. Glass over it. Remove foam from behind the bond rail. Glass to your newly shaped bond line.

Pour foam behind the bond rail. Shape it. Glass over it. Remove foam from behind the bond rail. Glass to your newly shaped bond line.
this is the easiest if you want to flip it over(looks like you have done so already)... otherwise if you don't want to flip it over, i've done rail fill ins by making a mold out of masking tape also, can be difficult on curves and stuff.. but it does work.. if it's upside down, foam and glass... be sure to use nothing but epoxy resin also

Top Bottom