Custom/Hybrid Finally finished my Stunt hull!

Waternut

Customizing addict
Yeah grinding the intake grate is normal. I ground the front of mine down pretty heavily, slotted the holes in the front and rear, and was finally able to get it to bolt up.

BTW, you should really look closely at the hood and how it sits in the hull before you decide to make a hood liner. The carbs, pipe, etc. come up really high into the hood making a liner difficult. I just run tubes.

Haha sorry guys, my little guy was born Sunday so I've been pretty busy. I'll get this thing out and get some ride reports as soon as we all get settled in.

I did notice there wasn't much clearance under the hood for a liner so just using the tubes may be the best way to handle that for now. How did you mount them and make it watertight?

Waternut

Customizing addict
I did notice there wasn't much clearance under the hood for a liner so just using the tubes may be the best way to handle that for now. How did you mount them and make it watertight?

I jammed mine in the two holes in the back of the hood, put tape over the outside, and then jammed a whole bunch of thickened epoxy around the tubes. They're sealed and locked in place. Then I used some coat hangars inside the tubes and zip ties to position them where I wanted them. The coat hangars also prevent the tubes from flopping around if you go upside down.

Top Bottom