Super Jet Finally got a ski!

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Whats up guys I finally got me a 1994 SN. It has a 701 in it has it been swapped? Whats the first year for a 701? Right now my buddy is putting a bendix on it cause it decided to go out before I got to ride it for the first time today. Here's the deal the skis all stock I weigh 240 and am trying to loose some. Heres the deal I have 2100 bucks to spend on Mods whats the best way to go for the first mods? I know I want footholds whats a good prop Ride plate and Grate? I am looking for more bottom end power since I weigh so much but I still want to be able to ride it all day wherever. Should I do a pump gas head? I have seen on ebay a few poor mans B pipe are they just as good? Here are a few pics I have the exhaust says it was made in 06/04 whats up with that?
29e62633.jpg

11a3c4a2.jpg

500682e7.jpg

f9cf1fd9.jpg

f32528e7.jpg

im not too sure about that ebay poor mans pipe, the price is damn steep for what it is. the ones ive seen are kawi stock pipes, and stock manis for like 350 bucks. for the same price or less you could just get a cauffmens pipe or riva red pipe. but factory is nice though

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
I have had factory b pipe, type 9 dry pipe, riva red, r & d pipe. They all are good pipes if your ski is tuned right. Buy yourself a nice used pipe, tune your ski, good prop, head and msd enhancer and your good to go.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Get a pump gas Ada girdled head. 35 cc domes. A mod chambered b pipe(for ease of install). Get a hooker or skat freeride prop.(big hub). Footholds and an intake grate. That should keep you under 2100 and make you happy to start. But beware, you will never have enough power. Nice looking square.

I recommend buying the b pipe brand new. The cost is only about 200 more than a used pipe and you don't end up with someone else's junk. Once installed the b pipe is reliable and basically maintenance free.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
or you could save your money, ride that ski till its time to upgrade and for $3500 you can get a nice RN with all those goodies on it already!

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Who knows might could make some money once spring time comes around if I found a RN I wanted but is there really that much difference? Are the motors a lot different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Cool so should I save my money get it running good and sale it? My buddy that's working on it said he knows someone that would give me 1500 for it now

Tmart

formerly superjet444
The motors and pumps are all the same. Personally I would get your MOTOR mods for the square and ride it for this spring then buy a dirt cheap RN next winter and swap everything over to it. All the major stuff converts

you can easily build up your power train and make the ski as crazy as you want and just swap it all into a rn or what ever hull you want as long as its based off the sj

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
you can easily build up your power train and make the ski as crazy as you want and just swap it all into a rn or what ever hull you want as long as its based off the sj

I am leaning towards doin this since this is my first standup. Then next winter look for a RN or AM hull and go from there.

Top Bottom