Finally got fed up

I like how you used both ends of the socket
Thanks. I made this thing over 20 inches long with the dream of being able to switch out a cable without having to drop the ride plate, or mess with the cable end in the ski. You can wrap your fingers around it and put the heel of your hand on the ride plate as a fulcrum, and crank away with your favorite ratchet. I also got a build with a 155 going where a 144 usually sits, so this will probably be a must. Wish I just did it 20 yrs. ago, would of kept me from over flowin the curse jar.

You wanna sell it? ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Took me 20 friggin yrs to get around to doin it, you know , the old next time I change a steering cable I'm going to make tool routine. Its simple enough to make though.
1. 27mm 6pt. socket. I used one that necks down for more clearance along pump.
2. 1/2x 6 extension
3.Put extension in bench vise to hold socket.
4. Cut socket with porta-band(clean cut), or use extension to hold in chop saw(rough cut), but your gonna weld any way
5. 1 inch pipe. Any standard sch 10 or sch 40 will work. I used stainless because I had it layin around. Cut to desired length. I made mine long enough to cover any extended steering cable I've seen. Remember to ream inside pipe clean @ cuts. You don't want it catchin threads when you slip over cable.
6. Weld on ends.
7. No more cursin about that 1 min. job you always wind up d*ckin with forever(it seems)!

Roseand

The Weaponizer
Site Supporter
Or you can save some time, effort and cash and get one from rad dudes for 30 bucks.
http://www.raddudesfi.com/raddudesfi.com/Part_-_Schwartzman_Tool.html
d7066a6c048b5f975d19c61ac8886982.jpg
494b8660b2ec821c852bdfeeacc52766.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom