Finally!! I got it!! RN SJ 2002!

Polish jet pilot

4aces4aces4aces4aces4aces
Hi all,

I just wanted to share my happiness with everybody :) After many months of saving and looking I got a fully stock 2002 RN SJ:thewave:. I used to be a complete Kawi guy, I still have my FS/FR 550, but most of my attention will go to this new baby.

I will use this ski for lake riding and for practicing freestyle tricks. I plan to go bigger once I handle this power setup

The good:
- very low hours for the year ( I say about 40)
- totally stock
- no salt water riding ever
- perfect pump (liner looks new, prop is still green - justhe usual mark from waterflow, grease smells new)
- hull is mint, just a few scratches

The bad:

- Had a tiny accident on lake - hit by a couch - first time rider on a RXPX255:haha::twak:
- cracked pole + chinpad (can still ride)
- cracked hood where the oem container is

The plan:

- getting another hull from Maris Racing Latvia (memebr here), (OEM hull with: full carbon fiber reinforcement, defoamed, low nose + bracket, low hood with holds, rickroy footholds, scupper valve, turf all around + 2 color paint!) and putting my 2002 internals in prepped hull. Maybe a alu pole, or get new OEM pole and shorten it.

- Already got a SJ 2008 impeller - should fit right there in the 2002 pump? + nozzxle boring + pump blueprinting

- Factory Pipe with "Wammer Mod"

- Racelogic sport port porting - Will gladly get one from somebody

- Steering mod

- rejjetted carbs without choke.

- straight bars

- oem ride plate or D-cut?

- cut oem intake grate or aftermarket?

-A/M head - will not shave the oem one, as it can be used in big bore engines.

As you can see I am doing this step by step, trying to save as much money as I can, but still get a "quality product".

Good that most parts will be bolt ons after I am done with transplant :)

Let me know what you think. Free mods are more than welcome! Thank you for all the future answers to my Q's, which I wll surely ask :newangel:

Andrew

Polish jet pilot

Sure thing! I will snap some pics and post them real soon - Question: I need to upload the pics to some hosting site and from there to here, right? Or is it like PWCTODAy, where you just insert a pic and it appears in the post?

Andrew

Polish jet pilot

Here are some pics - finally possible to uplad straight from PC.

The water routing is a bit different now too. This winter I will add some steering, steering nozzle, some intake mods, andhead and port the cylinder. I really started to like Yamaha. Nice skis.

And All you hidden Polacks here should come up more often! :)

Andrew

P.S. I lost nose and chinpad while riding so not so pretty anymore :(
P.S. II : if somebody feels tempted to do a fuel tank like I did - don't. It leaks + not sealed well.

Attachments

• super_jet_008.jpg
    super_jet_008.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 65
  • super_jet_009.jpg
    super_jet_009.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 38
  • super_jet_012.jpg
    super_jet_012.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Polish jet pilot

Yeah - thank you guys. The ski had a rough season with me and I wanted to catch up as quickly as possible. The tank mod is trully not good, I will be going with a 9 ltr ctank from ATP, I ride with like 2-3 gallons anyways to save weight.

The paint is quite nice, but to keep it that way is whole another story. Oem gelcoat is generally better -looks a bit worse but stronger..well, looks do matter...

Very glad I got a Yamaha... really has a lot of potential... I would just hope the parts would be a bit cheaper...500 bucks here, 300 here, etc... but well hate it or love it...

Top Bottom