Blaster First Blaster, Where to begin?

Scored a pristine completely stock 93 from the original owner. Took it out yesterday & I will say, it kicked my arse!! Spent more time in the water than on the Blaster. I cannot dump a ton of money into right away, but what should I be looking at first to liven this thing up a bit or improve handling?

If you just want to improve handling now look for an extended right plate and a scoop intake grate. I personally run a riva groovy ride plate and a worx 201 intake grate. Those two things will help it handle a lot better, then when you get more money and wanna make it faster throw a b-pipe on it for a big change in power. For now just get used to riding it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I will take a look at some plates and intake grates. I saw that B-Pipe, price isn't bad. What kind of HP gains can you expect to get from that pipe?

The Coffmans pipe works really good also and is very linear in power band delivery. I have tried 5 ride plates and prefer the Jet Dynamics, especially on the topend stability

If you have the cash I would put a girdled head to raise the compression, a b-pipe and a good impeller like a hooker 10/16, some guys will say the stock impeller is good which it is but a hooker will for sure give you more power. With all that stuff it will change the skis power completely. It will go from being a mild ski to a little bullet. I can hit the throttle on idle and it will pop me out of the water. You don't get much more top end power just a bunch more power through out.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Aloha,

I too have '93 Blaster, on my second year with it. It came to me with a Coffman Rocket Pipe, stock ride plate and intake grate, dual 44's/Proks, beat up Skat 14-17, chipped veins in the pump and Renthal MX bars and ODI Ruffian Grips.

For additional power:

Exhaust System: The Coffman pipe is a big mutha' but it had a nice rush and it got better with a few other mods. It also stays together well at the rubber coupling (until the bushings (4) wear out) Cost: Seen them on ebay as little as $125.00 in the winter.

Dry your pipe out more with a water bypass (easy cost effective fix to any pipe that needs it) Cost: $20.00 for fitting & hose

Increase your compression by milling the stock head or buy a simple after market hi-comp head Cost: Milling @ local machine shop probably $35-$50.00 AfterMarket: Head, O-rings & Gasket $120.00 on ebay

For addtional handling:

Turning: "D" cut the stock ride plate and do the mod under the steering column (good for doing 180's on the face of waves) Easy perfromance fix - no real cost.

Hook- Up: Get a good grate, the stock grate sucks and will suck more when you get more power. Prefer Jet Dynamics but I settled for the Riva due to the huge cost difference. Cost $50.00 +/-

Hook Up: Check your prop and the pump veins. Grind/file them smooth if they're beat up. Easy performance fix if required.

Hook Up: Get a new Prop...riders are swearing by the Hooker.

Rideability: Get a set of MX Bars made for a HONDA CR (low style) and locking grips (not the glue on). Cost: eBay

Rideability: Learn the left side deep water mounting procedure. Check YouTube.

Looks like I scored a RIVA Groovy Ride plate and a Solas Impeller for a about $120. Had my final bid on a Factory Pipe set up, but someone out bid me on it, hopefully another will come my way.

Top Bottom