first build, 90 SN SJ

so i finshed the ski 20 min before i left for the river.

PROBLEMS - i used 3Ms super 77 adhesive to hold the turn on and by the time i got home it had all fallen off

- i got the ski from a friend and he had said the ski ran great, since i did not have time to check it out and tune it before i left i just took the risk and took it anyways, i had fired it up before just by pouring some gas in the carb and it fired right up, when i got to the river i did the same and it fired right up, i filled the tank with 91 and poured a little more gas down the card and it fired right up again for a few sec, then i could not get it started again. it was like the timing was off, it was detonating and back firing, but it had just started 10 min earlier with no problems. i did not mess with it that much yet so i still do not know the problem but i was thinking and all my friend had said was he had done a lot to the motor? could it maybe need 100octane and be detonating on the 91 and not starting or would it still run but just not well? i am thing it is the carb, it could not hurt to rebuild it anyways, and new plugs and wires would not hurt either.

Top Bottom