First Flat Water Roll Attempt

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
This is my first attempt, Doenst really look like a Roll but thats what im trying to do... I would LOVE advice

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
It looks like you tried to roll surf stance.. Try putting both feet in the footholds and maybe hit a different section of the wake. A steeper wave to get a little more pop!

Philip Clemmons

Owner, P&P Performance
1st, the pole has GOT TO BE LOW! (like on the hood)

You need to put the pole on the hood and squat down to get a low CG........you will never flatwater roll standing tall like you are

2nd-Trust me on this...you have to commit 100%! You are not.........I have been struggling with the same thing for a while now. You MUST slam the bars full left and go full throttle at once, and HOLD IT until you are in the air. Then just stay low and tucked and hold on. Practice some dry runs on land.....bars to the stop and throttle to the bars!

3rd-S-turn first..............little right, slam left! As soon as the ski starts to the right, go left. You are not trying to go right-just rock the back of the ski up a little to the right and then break it loose when you go back left!

Keep practicing............it takes months to get right, sometimes years! I speak from experience........LOL

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
37cc doms
mod b-pipe( i never ported checked with factory they said it would give me more mid range power bottom screw open 1/2 turn rest closed)
9/15 hooker
dual 44's
stubby cone
water dogs quick stear, with quick steer mod to the nozzle

I have alot of mid power but not alot of bottom end power, but i could have tuned my carbs wrong, im new at this...

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
It might work if you come into the wake and prehop to the right and then crank the bars hard left and full gas! Pole low on the hood and you should be trying to put your head over the gas cap!!

Edit: This is all the help i can offer.. i get 3/4s off boat wakes and i am by no means plate to plate.. so someone else wil chime in

Last edited:

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
It might work if you come into the wake and prehop to the right and then crank the bars hard left and full gas! Pole low on the hood and you should be trying to put your head over the gas cap!!

Edit: This is all the help i can offer.. i get 3/4s off boat wakes and i am by no means plate to plate.. so someone else wil chime in

Whats your set-up?

Mark44

Katie's Boss
37cc doms
mod b-pipe( i never ported checked with factory they said it would give me more mid range power bottom screw open 1/2 turn rest closed)
9/15 hooker
dual 44's
stubby cone
water dogs quick stear, with quick steer mod to the nozzle

I have alot of mid power but not alot of bottom end power, but i could have tuned my carbs wrong, im new at this...

you have enough power. Wet does them on a stock SXR from his own wave so you have more than enough.

Mark44

ha awesome well just cuz all the superjet guys do this all the time BUY A SXR! lol and you gotta be way lower and totally commit with ur head and shoulders pole resting on the ski pretty much and prehop, ya well it'll happen just gotta practice, i think more stab attempts will help if you can do an inverted stab ur well on ur way

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 66

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
ha awesome well just cuz all the superjet guys do this all the time BUY A SXR! lol and you gotta be way lower and totally commit with ur head and shoulders pole resting on the ski pretty much and prehop, ya well it'll happen just gotta practice, i think more stab attempts will help if you can do an inverted stab ur well on ur way

Haha, Yup buy a kawi you will do it for sure. I havent tried in flatwater, but i am working on my rolls now in surf. I didnt start doing them untill I was comfortable doing inverted stabs. I just started trying rolls friday and i am either landing completly upside down or getting about 3/4 of the way around. I think i just need a little better timing on the wave, and make sure i hit the steering stop and the throttle to the bars.

if it was me i would work on getting some solid inverted stabs down then come back to the roll.

Be careful who you take advice from.

Especially when someone posts a picture with bad form.

Stay low with the pole, squat, bend the knees, pre-hop and turn a little opposite direction of the roll, crank the bars to the steering stop back the other way while pinning the throttle.

Everything else is timing.

munki63

Epoxy is my duct tape
I played with the water screws on my pipe and got alot more bottom end power (closed the bottom screw opened the middle 1/2 turn closed top screw)
Just waiting for the wind to die down, then ill try again :)

yeah just buy a kawi!!!! lol i was getting 3/4 on my setup wake before i ruptured my eardrum, i still cant get water in my ear so i have to wear an earplug and a helmet. :banghead:

i rolled the x-2 on my 6th ride off of a cruiser wake. i made it all the way over but some how found my self ontop of the handle bars? a bunch of kids on there 3 seater four strokes came over and were like dude! are you ok? are you ok? hahaha! i was like, you try it with that. its easy. left...then right...

Top Bottom