Custom/Hybrid First Flip Attempts-Couch Vwake

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Here's a way over due video from July, Some of my first Flip Attempts between two sit downs. I had one off a boat wake the day before that I might of rode away if I didn't hit bottom.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I think I may be going to fast and not letting the thrust do the work. I know I need to straight my legs which I have been working on. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
:beerchug:

(dont mind that i spelled my username wrong lol)

link to my thread discussing these attempts: http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/136065-Nosed-in-my-first-flip!

Last edited by a moderator:

djraider700

lol wut?
Im no v wake expert, but it looks like you're going a bit too fast and not letting the ski really sink down before the wake. Keep it up though, you're halfway there!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Speed isn't necessarily a problem, but it can really make your timing difficult. In nearly all of the attempts, your timing was off and you plowed through the wake.
Slow down, pre-hop so that you dip into the hole before the wake.
Then give it all you got, pull the pole toward you, arch your back, and spot your landing.

Example with carbon SF and Jetworks 754, 140mm mag pump:

And note how horribly I screwed up the form there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobert540

Site Supporter
I am no expert as I am guilty of my own advice but I notice when a lot of people try to flip, thay are not looking for their landing. You may think you are throwing your head back but 99% of the time the video is proof. Your go pro should be pointed more towards the water and not the nose of the ski. As MattE said pull the bars and spot your landing! Keep it up!

Watch this video and see how he snaps his head back and pulls his hips forward....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ7UW3182_4&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Thanks for the advice guys! Since then I have really been working on throwing my head back and pulling harder, but I never realized how fast I was going until I saw the footage so I will certainly try to slow it down next time.

Top Bottom