Surfriding First rides on my new Superfreak

Florida
i was reading the Daytona thread and they were saying that it was 80 on Christmas day

No way...I just did the polar plunge on the same day here in Jax.

The water was 58-60. Air temp did get up to 76 that day in Jax, so it may have been 80 in Daytona but certainly not the water temp.

You must have meant air temps...my post was mainly geared towards the water temp and needing a wetsuit:)...brrrr for me

Last edited:

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Pics dont do the paint color justice. Its looks SICK in the sun. Little cooler this weekend (70F not 80F...lol) , but I'll be riding if your down.

KTM great lookin ski ! Did you notice how these carbon hulls use less fuel ? The carbon hull fuel rebate program. Thought I heard of 3 hrs ride time with 38's.

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Thanks man, I actually went from a rockered/chopped B1 to the Freak which is why I still feel like a squid but I definitely notice I burn less gas! I'm only on my second tank and my first tank wasn't even topped off :)
Hoping to get some time on it this weekend

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
I checked the ocean temp here at the beach tonight.

66-67F in Ormond. I am a cold water pansy and this water is not cold at all. I rode in boardshorts on Tues, and I was not cold once.

temp.jpg

And next week doesnt look like much of a cold spell....lol

temp2.jpg

Last edited:

deftons56

Brian
No way...I just did the polar plunge on the same day here in Jax.

The water was 58-60. Air temp did get up to 76 that day in Jax, so it may have been 80 in Daytona but certainly not the water temp.

You must have meant air temps...my post was mainly geared towards the water temp and needing a wetsuit:)...brrrr for me
Polar plunge in Florida? :silly:

I jumped in the Columbia river at midnight on new years (tradition) air temp was 20 and water was 41. It was pretty cold but the booze helped with that :trink26:

Polar plunge in Florida? :silly:

I jumped in the Columbia river at midnight on new years (tradition) air temp was 20 and water was 41. It was pretty cold but the booze helped with that :trink26:

for sure but that's the best we got:)

after a certain temp...it feels all the same to me...ha ha...that seems to be below 70...ima girl!!

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Got another small ride in today. Surf wasn't great by any means but still beats staring at snow or a frozen lake ;)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

KTM434

Jamie FN Hickey
Loving the Superfreak! This was a flip early in the day, they cleaned up and got a little more height later in the day. Jetmaniac and KCMasterpiece are in the foreground watching which makes the pic look cool I think.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

photo1-39.jpgphoto2-40.jpgphoto3-35.jpgphoto4-28.jpg

Last edited:

Bobert540

Site Supporter
Superfreak maiden Voyage

Congrats and great pics! Don't be afraid of the gas, it's your friend! :)

Top Bottom