FX-1 First Roll attemps.

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Here were my first attemps at a barrel roll. I actually got 3/4s the way around on 3 trys and finished them under water. But that doesn't count. These were all off my own wake, just trying to get the feel for it. I tried about 20 times in a row b4 i couldn't feel my body.

Nothing special, just excited i got the almost stock fx1 upside down and almost around. Next week it will be done.

Attachments

• roll1.jpg
    roll1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 427
  • roll2.jpg
    roll2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 418
  • me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Any advice would be great. I al trying to keep the pole on the hood, and centered over it. I know i need more of a wake. I have the power on the ski and the balls to try. Am i forgetting anything?
Or does it just take practice, practice, practice.

Go BIG or go home... I can't even do hood tricks or 180 stabs. i figure when i get the roll down i can go back.

haahaa thats what im talking about u should have just started with backflips it would have been easier. do u have stock turn plate and bars?????? i usually land upsidedown when i try on my stock fx-1. i think im lacking in the "balls" department lol

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
haahaa thats what im talking about u should have just started with backflips it would have been easier. do u have stock turn plate and bars?????? i usually land upsidedown when i try on my stock fx-1. i think im lacking in the "balls" department lol

I'm running the goose pole setup. Not stock bars. 0's and quicksteer. Backflip is next week. lol

Mark44

Katie's Boss
Do not stay centered you need to have your weight off the ski.
So if you roll to the left your body needs to be to the left of the pole.

Mark44

Yeah I tried my first ones yesterday and made it upside down and that was about it. That was off my own setup wake. Think I had it in my head I was trying to stab and wasn't down low enough...

Way to go stud muffin! Ski looks nice. I dont know if you seen this vid yet but its one of the best slow motion vids ive seen. It needs an interpreter though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish i could get 3/4. I can get about 1/4 but mainly due to lack of commitment. Although i have managed to discover a cool way to power slide. like 1/4 of a BR + 1/2 of a 180 and land sideways sliding!

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Way to go stud muffin! Ski looks nice. I dont know if you seen this vid yet but its one of the best slow motion vids ive seen. It needs an interpreter though.

YouTube - JETSKI FREESTYLE - BARREL ROLL

Thats an awesome how to vid. Thanks, hey call me sometime if u still have my number.

I wish i could get 3/4. I can get about 1/4 but mainly due to lack of commitment. Although i have managed to discover a cool way to power slide. like 1/4 of a BR + 1/2 of a 180 and land sideways sliding!

I actually got about 85 percent now, but i realized i was hitting the wake wrong, today is another day..

wayne

wannaroll
i read on here once that if you use a really short limiter rope it helps keep you tucked and helps you learn the technique. i might put a couple loops in mine and use a small caribeaner to hold it short. i figured it couldn't hurt to try. i have also landed 3/4, but i think i am coming untucked too soon.

yeah i actually grew the balls to actually do barrel rolls, there not that scary at all, just be ready to land on your head lol.

i think im coming untucked too cuz i always land on my head upside down then get ripped off my ski but the ski is right side up..... weird

i read on here once that if you use a really short limiter rope it helps keep you tucked and helps you learn the technique. i might put a couple loops in mine and use a small caribeaner to hold it short. i figured it couldn't hurt to try. i have also landed 3/4, but i think i am coming untucked too soon.

speaking of this, i just made this in liek 5 min lol

is this perfect, too short or too long???

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom