first time pump shoe install

ok, so this may be a dumb question but i just got a blowsion aluminum pump shoe for my 02 rn, got it up in there and it sticks down past the bottom of the hull and ride plate, i'm assuming that i will have to grind it flush to make it work before i glue it in??? thanx in advance

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    DSCF0002.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 66

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
Yes, contrary to their claim you will have to grind it to fit. Check to make sure your intake grate fits, too. The older ones had the opening cast much too narrow for a grate to fit.

just fitted one, had to grind bottom off as per pic above, had to open up slot slightly for scoop grate , had to chamfer to get ride plate to fit, and drill/tap threads for scoop grate. Having said that i am an aircraft fitter, so found it straightfoward. But this is NOT a bolt on part, it does need "fitting"

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
I have a a budget pump shoe available now too for those looking to save a few bucks over the one Blowsion sells. You have to mine the ore, smelt the aluminum and cast the part yourself but other than that it comes just like Blowsion's. Basically I just point at the ground where you need to dig. The rest is up to you. $79.95 plus shipping, pm me with orders.

SKI TILL I DIE!

YUMMMMMMMY
I have a a budget pump shoe available now too for those looking to save a few bucks over the one Blowsion sells. You have to mine the ore, smelt the aluminum and cast the part yourself but other than that it comes just like Blowsion's. Basically I just point at the ground where you need to dig. The rest is up to you. $79.95 plus shipping, pm me with orders.

DIBS DIBS DIBS
I'll take 2

Yes, contrary to their claim you will have to grind it to fit. Check to make sure your intake grate fits, too. The older ones had the opening cast much too narrow for a grate to fit.

just fitted one, had to grind bottom off as per pic above, had to open up slot slightly for scoop grate , had to chamfer to get ride plate to fit, and drill/tap threads for scoop grate. Having said that i am an aircraft fitter, so found it straightfoward. But this is NOT a bolt on part, it does need "fitting"

yep, i'm finding all this out, thanx again!

Top Bottom