First time to Daytona

Murdock

'03 SJ
This will be my first year at Daytona and I can't wait. My girl and I are driving from Houston, TX and we are staying at the Makai. Looking forward to meeting everyone and if you need a ski hauled from TX or anywhere in between let me know and we can work something out. Who else is coming for the first time? Any words of advice? How cold is it usually?

Bring enough gear and spare parts for anything! I have seen ice on the hot tub and I have seen salt kill electrical parts in 5 minutes!

Other than that.....early morning shreddin is excellent...party scene is INSANE (wish Nick had the house again!!)....good times....good riding.....

if it was dangerous we would have had many more hospital rides than we have had... Only one in 7 years and it was self inflicted. If you feel like there are too many people around you go down the beach a bit. Pretty simple concept.

Bring the ski and leave your girl home... " those road trips are relationship killers" (Seinfeld episode when Jerry takes Vanessa on a road trip).

btw:j/k

Last edited:

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
if it was dangerous we would have had many more hospital rides than we have had... Only one in 7 years and it was self inflicted. If you feel like there are too many people around you go down the beach a bit. Pretty simple concept.
I haven't ridden since you made the zone huge but the water is still generally crowded with people who don't ride together. I have more fun off of the water than on it during the freeride.

Sanoman

thecolorpurple
Do your girlfriend a favor,don't stay at the makai! lf it's only guys,ok.The coral sands (right next door) is for wife's and girlfriends.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
I've not been to many events. You're gonna love it. Whether you ride or not, whether the waves are great or junk, you're gonna love it. Bring a camera.

Top Bottom