First Topic. and question to go along :)

Hello. I'm a new member (obviously). A friend of mine requested my presence, and I'm not sure of his username but time will tell when I talk to him. I'm interested in Standup Jetski's and he has me sold on the idea of getting a Superjet. I've never ridden on one as of three weeks ago and now I'm almost hooked aftering riding more than a few times.

Almost sold on the idea but... I still need to buy one :party:

I'm trying to haggle with some out of state dealers in Arizona and Nevada on a 2010 Superjet and the price I can find at the moment is 6750 OTD. My question is if I purchase this jetski and bring it back to California will I have any problems registering this jetski since California has banned the sale of 2 stroke PWC's? I would hate to buy one and find out I would have to ride james bond style in the dark... or something to that effect. My coworker tells me I should be fine, but it's good to ask everyone just in case I burn a hole in my wallet.

Thanks for reading guys.

it shouldnt be a problem and if it is you can ride with nevada or arizona numbers on it and they wont care. for the past two years i havent even used my numbers but i think if you ride on lakes you need them.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
Are there different policies between bringing a used and new machine into CA?
I'm not familiar with the PWC's, but I know aftermarket motorcycle engines and parts along with off-road vehicles are a PAIN in the A$$ and the only way we’re granted Executive Order's on our products is if they meet the newest, most stringent regulations for on-highway motorcycles, atv's or whatever it may be. CARB (California Air Resources Board) does everything possible to keep “dirty” vehicles out of state.

As far as riding with out of state registration.... How are you going to register a new machine in AZ or NV with a CA address and DL? I know WI won't go for that.

I would get a definite answer before purchasing.

Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
Are you sure you want buy a new one? For that price you could get a killer used one. Not to mention the hull changes they made for the 08+ model years haven't exactly been well received. Just something to think about if you haven't already...

Does anyone else know if I'll have a problem buying a Superjet in Nevada from a dealership new and registering it here in California? Seems like I would get shot down on this. I know I could buy a used one from a private party, but haven't found enough info about a new one.

I plan on leaving the state to purchase the ski, but I live in California. I hope you don't mean to relocate my entire family over a ski :bigeyes:

Since they are banned for sale I want to make sure I'll be safe to register in my home state.

Its all about the surf!
No you will not be able to register a brand new 2 stroke powered ski purchased in another state in California. You used to be able to do this, however they have closed that loophole as of the last two years. There are ways to do it but its starts getting shady even though you purchased the ski legally (like falsifying paper work to say its a "four stroke"-remember most people, including DMV personel don't even think "They make those anymore") . The best way is to simply run registration numbers from whichever state you purchased it from. Its easy to get a temporary Mailing address in the appropriate state for this purpose (use a PO box, Register at a JC and say you live in the dorms and have mail forwarded to your "parents" home in CA, use a board members address and have them forward any paperwork, etc) I have heard, although I'm not sure that this is true, that after two years of ownership the ski can be transfered to CA and legally registered here.

Powerhouse

okay
wow. Thats ridiculous! i cant believe that California has banned superjets and 2 strokes! The fact that you cant even buy one from another state, and register it in Cali, is even more scary!! I wouldn't be surprised if by 2012, you wont even be able to buy a super jet legally in any state! Youlll have to go buy it from some shady guy in a dark alley lol.

Schmidty721

someone turf my rails
wow. Thats ridiculous! i cant believe that California has banned superjets and 2 strokes! The fact that you cant even buy one from another state, and register it in Cali, is even more scary!! I wouldn't be surprised if by 2012, you wont even be able to buy a super jet legally in any state! Youlll have to go buy it from some shady guy in a dark alley lol.

2010 is the last year for the SJ. I think Kawi is done with the SXR also.

Top Bottom