Blaster First WB2

I finally found a WB2. Had to drive to CA to get it but it was well worth it. I have had a couple WB1's before (when I was younger.... and alot less fat)

$1,020 including the gas to pick it up.
97 WB2 runs but low compression on front cylinder
Riva red pipe, some really cool old school flame arrestors with no name, and I think a milled head but need to pull it to verify.
If by some small chance I can get the front cylinder working properly Ill ride it for the rest of the summer.... otherwise I wil start tearing it down for my 1200 conversion (already have all the parts except the extreem throttle plates and midshaft)

What do you guys think? Good deal???

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4955.JPG
    IMG_4955.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 64
So it seems like every ski this old comes with a story...... and so the story goes.

The guy I bought it from bought it a couple of years ago being told it was in mint condition. When he went to pick it up the front cylinder was low on compression and the previous owner swore everthing was fine the last time he rode it. He bought it anyway (at some reduced price???) then let it sit and never got around to fixing it. Fast forward 2-3 years of outdoor storage near some welding opertations and the outside shows the effects. So...... I just pulled the head and this is what I found

Attachments

• IMG_1476[1].JPG
    IMG_1476[1].JPG
    167 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1475[1].JPG
    IMG_1475[1].JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1477[1].JPG
    IMG_1477[1].JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 60
The head has been modified, its an o-ring head and they tapped cooling ports in different locations. the o-ring is missing on the front cylinder and I cant find it in the hull so I dont think it fell out during removal.

It may not be visible in the pictures but the cylinder and piston is in great shape, no damage at all. So now Im wondering what could be wrong? Sticking ring? Missing o-ring?
I havent inspected them yet but the reeds seem to be working ok. Air is blowing into both cylinders equaly through the ports when I sping the engine over.

Any ideas?

Nevermind..... its the head. There is tons of oil/gas in the cooling ports.
I thought the orings were only a water seal and the metal ring around the dome created the seal for the combustion chamber?????

yamabro

GP Performance / Patterson Powersports
Wow a modified OEM head... machined to accept an "O" ring set up.
Looks like some good machine work.
The Oring is for the combustion chamber, that white sealant (looks like 1211) is for the water jacket seal.

The 1200 in that is very good. Swap an 1100 waveraider tank as well to get 3 more gallons. Have to do custom engine mounts though which I did with SS plates. Exhaust hits tank.

Got some o-rings on order.

Ive been looking for a good deal on a WB2 for several months and gathering 1200 parts in the mean time. So far I have all the donor parts out of a XL1200, motor, electronics, tank, water box etc. Also have a Riva aluminum flywheel and head, Boyesen reed stuffers and R&D flame arrestor.
I take some pictures tomorrow.

Almost forgot one of the best parts. The riva ported cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_1487[1].JPG
    IMG_1487[1].JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1484[1].JPG
    IMG_1484[1].JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1483[1].JPG
    IMG_1483[1].JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1485[1].JPG
    IMG_1485[1].JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1486[1].JPG
    IMG_1486[1].JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 47

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Hopefully she just needs another oring to bring compression back up. Also thing 1200 looks like it is going to haul ass! Should be a really fun ski.

Top Bottom