Flame arrestor question

Hey guys... So the ski is finally tuned pretty damn well, however I am having water ingestion issues. From what I'm seeing everyone likes stock flame arrestors, question is can I still fit a stock one on a mikuni SBN 44mm or am I stuck running aftermarket junk? I'm running a k&n but ordered a proK to try, I don't have a a factory arrestor as my ski didn't come with one. Don't wanna order one up for nothing. Are there any stock ones from a different ski that would work if a 92 750sx one doesn't?

Also the hood is stock, would I have better luck if I modded the hood and kept running aftermarket arrestors (if I have to run them)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get a crazy amount of water, but it is getting in whenever the ski winds up on it's side or gets subbed. The seal is in good shape but it does get wet which would indicate it does allow some water in. It's not usually enough to totally kill it but makes it blubber like a school girl for a minute or two until it clears out.

I'll have to find a pre filter, I have the flat oval k&n right now, but the pro k is a smaller round filter without any media in it.

Yea I don't know if they make a skin for that k&n filter and pro k is good so I would recommend using that filter and get yourself a frog skin

Magyar68

Really!!!
I have seen Hydro turf, and a zip tie used of the outer 1/3rd of the FA to keep water out on when tipping side to side. I have not needed this myself though...

Top Bottom