flatdeck 650sx help

So i was pulling the rail pads off my 650sx tonight, starting my new project, just stripping off old hydro turf, etc. well under the rail pad on the right side the fiberglass is pretty gnarly. long story short, im going to flatdeck it and would looooove yalls advice on figberglass work since i dont know anything about it! haha. what kind of fiberglass, oz,? how much, epoxy, ya, pretty much everything yall know. oh and how to set footstraps too!
thanks yall!

Etheraldreamer

Be there and be square.
my advice if you are flatdecking it is to stop wasting your time peeling off the old turf and just cut the old glass off since you are going to be reglassing the whole area anyway.
there are a ton of thread on how to lay glass and what to use here. do a search. and check out the tech faq section. it has a lot of useful info including footstrap install.

good deal, i didnt even see the tech faq area. yeah i quit peeling as soon as i saw the crack and decided to go this route.
thanks for the advice!
any professional fiberglass/body guys in Houston want to do it for free and use it as a free billboard?! haha! that would just be ideal!

Top Bottom