SX/SXi/SXi Pro Flywheel

I put my flywheel on my Sxi back in Nov. I have not ran the ski yet. I was thinking about this the other night…how tight does the flywheel have to be on. I used wrenches and tightened the flywheel on secure. Should I of used an impact wrench?

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
theres a certain torque spec... not sure what it is off hand

personally ive never torqued one on. I just make it really tight n have yet to have any issues.

Yea, I use the german spec of gootentight, works good for me. If I have a impact handy I LIGHTLY snug it up. Last time I did mine I didnt have the motor out and tried the rope in the cylinder and it worked fine but I will prob never do it again just because of the risk involved.

Nub

My 750sx manual suggests 125 N-m (13.0 kg-m, 94 ft-lb). Flywheel tightness is important to not screw up. Use a torque wrench, lock the crank in a vice or stuff a rope down the spark hole to keep it in place.

I put my flywheel on my Sxi back in Nov. I have not ran the ski yet. I was thinking about this the other night…how tight does the flywheel have to be on. I used wrenches and tightened the flywheel on secure. Should I of used an impact wrench?

Don't use an impact, use a torque wrench.

Top Bottom