Foam?

Waternut

Customizing addict
"Great Stuff" can be bought at any hardware store or walmart. It will be in the aisle with all the glue, epoxy, caulk, etc.

Dont use great stuff if your trying to fab a nose peice. It leaves holes and makes it difficult to work with... Go to a arts and craft store and get the green block foam... You can shape it perfectly to anything you want....Infact dont use great stuff for anything.. I learned this the hard way on my first build this winter...

KaosFreestyle

White on White
Great Stuff is good for filling gaps around the house but dont use it on a ski.

By the way I actually filled some fence poles with it and it doesnt seem to have been effected by rain.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Thank you! How much can the hole can Do? How Much is it?

Depends on which can you get. There is low fill, regular, and big gap fill and they're around $5 a can. As said before, they're good around the house but not in a ski. It does great and filling air gaps but it's not structural foam and it's only waterproof on the outside skin. The biggest problem with Great Stuff is it's an air cure so if you create more than a bead, it won't cure in the middle and/or will be soft in the middle. It will release fairly easily on one side and maybe two but if it's got something to grab onto, you'll have a tough time getting it off.

if you wanting to is great stuff as a platform to shave down and create and nose piece it wont work well and you will get frustrated... the middle never hardens... There is a hard green foam block you can buy and craft stores. If you sand that down to what you want your nose piece to look like then you can lay fiberglass on it and put a coat of resin on it.. make sure you put seran wrap on the foam that way when the fiberglass cures you peel off your perfectly shapped nose piece

Top Bottom