foot hold padding question

Anybody have actual pictures of the inside of the hold after adding padding and pre-turf. I was looking at some threads and even the turfing with out seams thread doesn't show how far in you guys are adding padding.

Hmmm, trying to figure out the top padding, should have made it more clear in the first post. I'm sure you guys aren't going all the way around with padding.

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
i could of been more clear too. you can add as much is needed for you to get a sung fit to your foot. you can sand it to shape it as well. account for turn and your riding shoes.

Waternut

Customizing addict
Padding on the side should be limited to where you want your foot to be. It's not like you're going to be landing on the side of your feet. However, if you have a fully enclosed foothold, side padding can help lock you into the hold.

6c48c816-fb2a-571b.jpg

6c48c816-fb41-e3a3.jpg

These are from my q8. 8mm underpaying on the entire foothold.

None on the bottom
And 2 layers in the tray

With turf it's gonna be nice. And snug. Hope it helps

NVJAY775

My home away from home.
My last holds were very comfy and kicked in solid. 1" on top and bottom. And used 1/4" on the sides, then turf. Not much of a gap where the toes were, so i kicked in hard, but once kicked in it was very solid. I will say though it really helped my riding. Felt more confident, which got me to try more stuff. Just felt good being locked in. And still was able to get out easily when I needed to bail.

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 93

Waternut

Customizing addict
I know . You think it's bad without any under my foot. I never had a problem with that. I've always preferred the tops being nice and soft. Foot is way more sensitive on the top

I ran a ski with no padding on the bottom and it was fine but that was a fairly mild ski and the jumps off even the big wakeboard boats got me maybe 4-5ft off the water. The higher you get, the more it starts to wear on you and the lighter the hull, the harder it hits the water because it has less weight and you stop faster when you land. I took a ski to Daytona 2 years ago with only 1/4" of padding on the bottom and I could barely walk at the end of each day. If I land flat with my current stunt hull using 1.25" of padding after a big jump, it's not comfortable. I'd probably break my heel if that was no padding.

Running shoes are better than wrestling shoes but I don't like wearing running shoes while riding.

Top Bottom